Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2020, 07:48 PM   #1
Sue Doe-Nym

Default Mattress Delivery

We need some guidance , Forum Friends. We are the homeless ones...now we have a place to stay, we’ve been assured, while our house is resurrected, and that’s terrific. Things are moving forward well, we’re told. However, we just realized tonight that all the furniture stores are closed, and we’re too old to camp out on the floor. The ceiling allegedly collapsed on the bed! Any ideas for online shopping that would deliver a Q set to M’boro? Don’t need it till mid June but don’t want to wait too long. Thanks for suggestions of places you recommend.
Sleep-deprived Sue
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 08:42 PM   #2
garysanfran

Default I just contacted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
We need some guidance , Forum Friends. We are the homeless ones...now we have a place to stay, we’ve been assured, while our house is resurrected, and that’s terrific. Things are moving forward well, we’re told. However, we just realized tonight that all the furniture stores are closed, and we’re too old to camp out on the floor. The ceiling allegedly collapsed on the bed! Any ideas for online shopping that would deliver a Q set to M’boro? Don’t need it till mid June but don’t want to wait too long. Thanks for suggestions of places you recommend.
Sleep-deprived Sue
Bob's Discount Furniture in Manchester. They were recommended by Bayside Rentals as a good place to get a mattress. During these times, they will do a "non-touch" delivery and set-up.

Joshua took me online to look at the options and he explained all well. Buying a mattress is one of my least favorite things to do.
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to garysanfran For This Useful Post:
Sue Doe-Nym (05-04-2020)
Old 05-04-2020, 08:56 PM   #3
FlyingScot

Quote:
Sleep-deprived Sue
Jordan's Furniture is taking online orders, they deliver here, and they're excellent all around.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
Sue Doe-Nym (05-04-2020)
Old 05-05-2020, 05:20 AM   #4
TheProfessor

Quote:
Sleep-deprived Sue
As I have a pickup truck. Just took a neighbor to BJ's in Tilton to pick up a box spring and mattress.

And as others have stated above - there are solutions to furniture.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheProfessor For This Useful Post:
Sue Doe-Nym (05-05-2020)
Old 05-05-2020, 06:33 AM   #5
tis

Thanked 1,375 Times in 951 Posts

The guys on tv from Allen Wayside in Wolfeboro are advertising you can call them if you need something.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tis For This Useful Post:
Sue Doe-Nym (05-05-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2020, 08:02 AM   #6
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

Costco has the foam mattresses that are packed in a cube box. They are small enough to get into a car and when you get them home you just cut the plastic package and they expand into a full matress. You can get them online also.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post:
Sue Doe-Nym (05-05-2020)
Old 05-05-2020, 02:24 PM   #7
Bernie Girl

We purchased Linenspa mattresses from Amazon last summer for our island bunkhouse. They come in many sizes and thicknesses. Arrive well wrapped and then boxed. 4 xl twins fit easily in our medium sized SUV. Great quality & comfortable.
Bernie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bernie Girl For This Useful Post:
Sue Doe-Nym (05-05-2020)
Old 05-05-2020, 02:38 PM   #8
Water Camper

Default Blowup Beds

We have purchased Intex blow up beds, both twin and queen for use by our guests. Get it with the built in battery pump. We have actually used them ourselves to sleep on the deck under the stars. Easily transported, available at Job Lots and online.

Hope this helps,
Bill
Water Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Water Camper For This Useful Post:
Sue Doe-Nym (05-05-2020)
Old 05-05-2020, 03:17 PM   #9
jbolty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Camper View Post
We have purchased Intex blow up beds, both twin and queen for use by our guests. Get it with the built in battery pump. We have actually used them ourselves to sleep on the deck under the stars. Easily transported, available at Job Lots and online.

Hope this helps,
Bill
Walmart too. I have had a couple of those and they hold up surprisingly well without leaks, I hate paying for the pump in each one though.

coleman has a 12v pump which is perfect for camping or a 120v version, about $25 and good for blowing up all sorts of things.

https://www.target.com/p/coleman-qui...161816?sid=304

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...r?sku=16132969
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jbolty For This Useful Post:
billy (05-05-2020)
Old 05-05-2020, 08:39 PM   #10
ApS

Thumbs up Buy Local...Really Local...

Quote:
Sleep-deprived Sue
Just a few miles past Wolfeboro northbound approaching Ossipee you'll find Sunset Mattress Factory. It's their third generation who are making the mattresses—and you can watch them make yours!

http://www.sunsetmattressfactory.com/

Previously discussed:
https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...719#post320719
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 08:55 PM   #11
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post
Just a few miles past Wolfeboro northbound approaching Ossipee you'll find Sunset Mattress Factory. It's their third generation who are making the mattresses—and you can watch them make yours!

http://www.sunsetmattressfactory.com/

Previously discussed:
https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...719#post320719
Actually, my husband wants to check them out when we get back. We are assuming they have some all set to go, and I suppose they deliver. Thanks for the suggestion. You and many others have been helpful, which is appreciated.
Old 05-06-2020, 02:39 PM   #12
gillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Jordan's Furniture is taking online orders, they deliver here, and they're excellent all around.
Have to agree with Jordan's. They're top notch. Want to send all furniture stores here in FL that I purchased from to Jordan's for training.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Sue Doe-Nym (05-06-2020)
Old 05-06-2020, 10:10 PM   #13
MBNeckguy

Quote:
Actually, my husband wants to check them out when we get back. We are assuming they have some all set to go, and I suppose they deliver. Thanks for the suggestion. You and many others have been helpful, which is appreciated.
We bought a king set this past Fall. I can honestly say that I’ve never slept so well in my life. The mattresses are custom made when you order and speak with the owner / craftsman about your wants and needs for your mattress. They had about a 10 day turnaround time and they do deliver. I had to help the mattress maker/owner/delivery guy bring them in the house but it was well worth it. Sleeping on a Sunset Matress is beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
MBNeckguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MBNeckguy For This Useful Post:
ApS (05-07-2020), FlyingScot (05-07-2020), SimpleTL (05-07-2020), Sue Doe-Nym (05-06-2020)
Old 05-06-2020, 10:26 PM   #14
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBNeckguy View Post
We bought a king set this past Fall. I can honestly say that I’ve never slept so well in my life. The mattresses are custom made when you order and speak with the owner / craftsman about your wants and needs for your mattress. They had about a 10 day turnaround time and they do deliver. I had to help the mattress maker/owner/delivery guy bring them in the house but it was well worth it. Sleeping on a Sunset Matress is beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
That is a wonderful commercial, and you should be compensated! I can almost guarantee a trip to Ossipee coming up soon. Thanks. P.S. My husband wants to know if you’re related to the Pillow Guy, and what’s the promo code? ��
Old 05-07-2020, 04:52 AM   #15
tis

We have had several sunset mattresses in the past but we have had an air mattress for the past ten or so years and I will always have one.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:31 AM   #16
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
We have had several sunset mattresses in the past but we have had an air mattress for the past ten or so years and I will always have one.
So, what’s your sleep number?
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 08:57 AM   #17
rsmlp

Default Purple

You CANNOT beat Purple mattress. Guaranteed!
rsmlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 02:03 PM   #18
tis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
So, what’s your sleep number?
Wow, could that open a huge can of worms!!
The Following User Says Thank You to tis For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (05-07-2020)
Old 05-07-2020, 06:10 PM   #19
map

We bought Queen size air mattress in Walmart to use in our empty new house before we could permanently move in. Surprisingly very comfortable.

Once we moved in we went to Ippolitos in Meredith just as this nightmare virus thing was getting worse. We bought a Serta I comfort king memory foam mattress. They delivered it in less than 2 weeks. Men Wore gloves. ThisxwS before the mask thing.

Back in our former home we once purchased a memory foam
Mattress in a box from Amazon for our guest bedroom and it was Very comfortable.

If you like memory foam Consumer Reports rates Casper the best. On line and comes in a box.
map is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to map For This Useful Post:
Sue Doe-Nym (05-07-2020)