Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2018, 07:29 PM   #1
radiocontester

Default Stop itching!

Folks,

I thought I'd pass along a home remedy for itchy bug bites that I have had great success with.

A few years ago my wife and I traveled to Punta Cana for vacation and upon our return home we started itching like crazy from what seemed like hundreds of bites from no-see-ums. We tried several over-the-counter creams, ointments etc but they provided little relief. Out of options I started researching home remedies online and came across an interesting one involving a hair dryer. The remedy is to use the hair dryer to heat up the itchy bite to the point in which it starts to hurt (don't burn yourself!). Stop applying heat when it gets to the point where it begins to hurt. Note: While heating up the bite it may feel even itchier for a second, but as it continues to receive the heat the itchiness is replaced by a burning feel. Again, be careful not to burn yourself. After the heat is removed you will have instant relief that lasts for hours. I'm not kidding. Just the other day I had a bite that was so itchy I could barely sleep. I treated the itch using the hair dryer and it hasn't itched since.

Give it a try!
radiocontester is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to radiocontester For This Useful Post:
andy3519 (06-21-2018), Flylady (06-21-2018), KennyFromBoston (06-21-2018)