Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2021, 07:52 AM   #1
Liam Jenkins

Default New Regal LS4 advise

Considering purchasing a new Regal LS4 or possibly a LS6. Would like to hear from anyone that has one regarding size, reliability, features…
Liam Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 08:37 AM   #2
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,146 Times in 893 Posts

I had a 2013 Regal 2700 ES and had a lot of trouble with it. Even after the troubles were sorted out: 4 Fuel senders, bad U joint in the drive, battery charger drawing 5 amps when off killing the batteries, defective anchor windlass, power arch delivered with one actuator not connected and many more troubles too extensive to list here, it was still a poor handling boat.

The hull design made it impossible to keep the boat level. It would roll from side to side no matter what you did with the trim tabs and the drive. The more people that were in the boat the worse it got. It was impossible to keep it level at cruising speed. I have a friend who bought the same boat and he complained about the same handling problem.

The boat looked excellent and appeared to be high quality. The dealer did a great job and did everything they could to repair the problems. If the boat you are looking at has the same hull design I would think you would have the same problem.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 10:25 AM   #3
XCR-700

For a few more dollars Formula is a clear step up.

And if money is not a consideration, I see the Chris Craft dealer has a showroom full and thats about as top shelf as you can get on Winnipesaukee.

Many Options at each price level.

Our last boat was a Caravelle and for the price it was a solid boat that held up exceptionally well over a 10 year period. Only problem is they stop at 23'

Shop around a lot and talk to current and former owners before signing on the bottom line as there are clear differences in what you see and how well they hold up and perform and they are all a big investment for the use we get out of them. Just saw someones calculations of cost per hour used (as in run time) and over a several year period and after selling his boat for a very good price, total cost per hour it was used was ~$850/Hr. So do as much research as possible before you commit.

Good Luck, its a tough decision when you do all the homework.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 11:26 AM   #4
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default Decision process

I agree that if a particular make/model has hull design issues, you probably want to stay away. On the other hand, buying a boat is an emotional decision as well as financial. If you love the boat, price will be secondary, as will cost of operation. Just be sure of why you love her, not just because she looks great in a bikini. My next to last boat, I fell in love with around 2002. It was 2013 before the price came down enough to where I could afford it as a used boat, so I bought it when one came on the market.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 03:20 PM   #5
Leoskeys

Default Regal 2800

I know it’s a different model, but I have a 2015 Regal 2800 and it has been amazing. 300hours on it now, and not many crazy issues other than Regular service, and a couple small issues after the first 5 years that are not surprising. Positive experience with Regal and Silver Sands overall.
Leoskeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2021, 09:33 PM   #6
betterthanbacon

Default Regal

Traded up from a Regal 2006 2200 BR to a 2021 LS6. No regrets owning either boat. The 2200 held up extremely well over the years, 500+ hours. The LS6 has been nothing but a joy. The layout and storage space in the LS6 is outstanding. From my experience over the past several years Regal puts out a very good product.
betterthanbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 11:25 AM   #7
Alton Bay

Default New Regal LS4 advise

I just got an email inviting people to try the 2022 Regal LS4 from Barry at Silver Sands. Sounds like the boat is in the area Tuesday and Wednesday August 10, 11. Maybe that will interest you Liam. The contact to schedule a ride was 603-293-7200.

Last edited by Alton Bay; 08-09-2021 at 02:24 PM.
Alton Bay is offline   Reply With Quote