Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-11-2020, 01:17 PM   #1
ericnh

Default Church Landing new owners destroying rustic design to save money!

I heard a rumor that the new company that acquired the Mill Fall properties was going to bring standardized design and furnishings to Church Landing in order to save money. No way... how can you change the design of the rooms when they share the same lake-rustic design throughout the resort? Well... here it is... the new room design looks like a holiday inn or any other chain hotel. I am sure that repeat visitors are going to be very disappointed. Before and after pictures.
Attached Images

Last edited by ericnh; 03-11-2020 at 01:22 PM. Reason: rotate picture
ericnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 01:48 PM   #2
coolyourjets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnh View Post
I heard a rumor that the new company that acquired the Mill Fall properties was going to bring standardized design and furnishings to Church Landing in order to save money. No way... how can you change the design of the rooms when they share the same lake-rustic design throughout the resort? Well... here it is... the new room design looks like a holiday inn or any other chain hotel. I am sure that repeat visitors are going to be very disappointed. Before and after pictures.
Are you sure you are comparing apples to apples? That generic looking room in the second picture also seems to exist today on their website, but with much older furnishings. The nice suite in the first picture seems to be a different class of room from the second picture so it may be that they are not turning picture one into picture two.
coolyourjets is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to coolyourjets For This Useful Post:
ApS (03-11-2020)
Old 03-11-2020, 10:32 PM   #3
8gv

I'd bet that the new owners paid quite a bit of money for the right to remodel the property, that they now own, as they see fit.
8gv is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 8gv For This Useful Post:
Reilly (03-12-2020)
Old 03-12-2020, 08:28 AM   #4
Puck

More importantly, how, where, are they off-loading the old furniture?
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 08:52 AM   #5
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
More importantly, how, where, are they off-loading the old furniture?
If they are remodeling those lake decor rooms I am with you, love to know what's happening with the furnishing
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2020, 10:05 AM   #6
dt5150

i truly hope they aren't remodeling all of those beautiful rustic rooms.. they'd ruin the ambiance of the place if they turn the rooms into some sterile, white washed, typical looking hotel room. same with the common areas. the stone fireplaces, knotty pine woodwork, the rustic decor, all part of the charm. it'd be a shame if they changed all that.
dt5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 10:13 AM   #7
ericnh

Default The point is... that Church Landing was SPECIAL and I have paid over $500 a night

I have stayed there and enjoyed the unique experience (mostly due to rustic feel and the hospitality) and I am not sure if I would be paying over $500 a night when they have stripped that unique character away. I have also recommended to family and friends and they all loved the charm of the resort. Naturally, the new owners are going to change things but I was shocked that they went after the room design and that a majority of the managers have left under the new ownership. Hoping it will keep most of its unique character and continued success.
ericnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 11:35 AM   #8
gillygirl

The first picture is obviously Church Landing. The second picture says at the bottom Mill Falls Resort and Spa. Sounds like they’re updating the rooms in just that property.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app