Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2017, 07:26 PM   #1
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts
Default Sandblasting

Can anyone recommend someone that does sandblasting in the area (Gilford / Laconia) Looking to get eight swivel chair bottoms refinished, just the part directly under the seat that’s about 18” in diameter and maybe 4” in height. I can paint them if need be just wanted them sandblasted first.

Thanks!

Dan
Old 11-10-2017, 06:57 PM   #2
Top-Water

Can't recommend anyone locally

But your post reminded me of this one

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...ad.php?t=21835

Maybe "Rich" can give you some more info, he seemed pretty satisfied. Glass-beading and Sandblasting for lack of a better term and technical differences are kind-a the same thing.
Top-Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:22 PM   #3
fatlazyless

.....psst....for 99-cents you can get a super good quality sanding sponge in fine or medium grit at Aubuchon Hardware ..... highest quality - lowest price ....factory seconds w/ a minuscule defect ..... best deal in the whole store!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 11-12-2017 at 03:56 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:10 AM   #4
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
.....psst....for 99-cents you can get a super good quality sanding sponge in fine or medium grit at Aubuchon Hardware ..... highest quality - lowest price ..... best deal in the whole store!
Can he hire you to sand at 99 cents an hour?
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:27 AM   #5
Top-Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
Can he hire you to sand at 99 cents an hour?
Top-Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2017, 06:58 PM   #6
fatlazyless

Sorry guys, no way for me to be out on an island, sanding for 99-cents/hour, because I have been raking in the big money by raking the leaves for $7.25/hour here on the Winnipesaukee waterfront at the neighbor's mega-million dollar mcmansion .... For 7.25/hr, I stay very focused and give each individual leaf my total attention!

Minimum wage comparison/hour: New Hampshire-7.25, Maine-9.00, Rhode Island-9.60, Vermont-10.00 (10.50 after January 1, 2018), Connecticut-10.10, Massachusetts-11.00, New York: 9.70-11.00 (proximity to NYC)

At 7.25/hr, New Hampshire loses the low minimum wage comparision by a lot, NH employees get the lowest pay rate and NH earns the lowest payer booby prize for the six New England states plus New York ..... live NH-poor or die! ..... put that on your NH license plate? Is NH's low minimum wage at all related to NH's opioid epidemic ...... let us see ... good jobs at good wages-yes! ....... and, bad jobs at low wages drive you to drugs ...... hmmm, what do you think? Anyone here work for a NH ski area?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimu..._United_States

Last edited by fatlazyless; 11-12-2017 at 08:36 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:21 AM   #7
ApS

Lightbulb Lowe's Has 'Em...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Can anyone recommend someone that does sandblasting in the area (Gilford / Laconia) Looking to get eight swivel chair bottoms refinished, just the part directly under the seat that’s about 18” in diameter and maybe 4” in height. I can paint them if need be just wanted them sandblasted first. Thanks! Dan
If you have an air compressor, just $20 will buy a siphon-type sandblaster. After thoroughly drying-out regular beach sand, I've had very satisfactory results with my first sandblaster—bought decades ago for just $8.

Old 11-12-2017, 12:26 PM   #8
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Sorry guys, no way for me to be out on an island, sanding for 99-cents/hour, because I have been raking in the big money by raking the leaves for $7.25/hour here on the Winnipesaukee waterfront at the neighbor's mega-million dollar mcmansion .... For 7.25/hr, I stay very focused and give each individual leaf my total attention!

Minimum wage comparison/hour: New Hampshire-7.25, Maine-9.00, Rhode Island-9.60, Vermont-10.00 (10.50 after January 1, 2018), Connecticut-10.10, Massachusetts-11.00, New York: 9.70-11.00 (proximity to NYC)

At 7.25/hr, New Hampshire loses the low minimum wage comparision by a lot, NH employees get the lowest pay rate and NH earns the lowest payer booby prize for the six New England states plus New York ..... live NH-poor or die! ..... put that on your NH license plate? Is NH's low minimum wage at all related to NH's opioid epidemic ...... let us see ... good jobs at good wages-yes! ....... and, bad jobs at low wages drive you to drugs ...... hmmm, what do you think? Anyone here work for a NH ski area?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimu..._United_States
The Opiod epidemic has no wage constraints. It affects rich and poor, good people and bad people. They should tax the crap out of these drug companies that push these drugs on everyone for the sole purpose of making tons of money.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:42 PM   #9
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post
If you have an air compressor, just $20 will buy a siphon-type sandblaster. After thoroughly drying-out regular beach sand, I've had very satisfactory results with my first sandblaster—bought decades ago for just $8.

Thanks APS, Bought one, tried it....while it works well enough it makes a huge mess. Not interested in dealing with the mess and would rather sub out the work to a pro who is better setup.

Found a monument company to do the blasting for me so All is good!

Dan