Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-03-2023, 07:52 AM   #1
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts
Default Jimmy's Jazz & Blues Club

To all you Lakes Region music enthusiast...If you haven't been to Jimmy's Jazz & Blues Club in Portsmouth you definitely need to go! It's only 45 minutes from Alton Bay so its an easy ride from the lake area.

What a great venue to see a show and by far my new favorite! They have had and are having some great musical artists. Tickets are relatively inexpensive for the quality of artist you are seeing. They serve a great dinner and the place is absolutely beautiful!! I went Sunday night to see a show (Walter Trout) and we had a fantastic time!!

Definitely worth the trip!

https://jimmysoncongress.com/

Dan
BroadHopper (10-13-2023), mcdude (10-03-2023), NH.Solar (10-04-2023), The Winster (10-03-2023)
Old 10-03-2023, 09:02 AM   #2
FlyingScot

Have not been yet, but I agree that have an extraordinarily good schedule, probably better than any Boston club over the past few months
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 09:14 AM   #3
Descant

Thanked 1,518 Times in 985 Posts

Glad to hear your report, Dan. We're scheduled to go November 1.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 09:20 AM   #4
ishoot308

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Glad to hear your report, Dan. We're scheduled to go November 1.
You are going to love it!!

Dan
Old 10-04-2023, 07:11 AM   #5
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts

Sunday Jazz Brunch begins October 15th! https://jimmysoncongress.com/jazz-brunch/

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcdude For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (10-13-2023), ishoot308 (10-06-2023)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2023, 01:22 PM   #6
Pine Island Guy

Default agreed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
To all you Lakes Region music enthusiast...If you haven't been to Jimmy's Jazz & Blues Club in Portsmouth you definitely need to go! It's only 45 minutes from Alton Bay so its an easy ride from the lake area.

What a great venue to see a show and by far my new favorite! They have had and are having some great musical artists. Tickets are relatively inexpensive for the quality of artist you are seeing. They serve a great dinner and the place is absolutely beautiful!! I went Sunday night to see a show (Walter Trout) and we had a fantastic time!!

Definitely worth the trip!

https://jimmysoncongress.com/

Dan
Living on the seacoast, I have been several times, and also watched the construction over the years to renovate the space. Check out the photos they have (It was originally built as a YMCA). Several of the artists give the space rave reviews as well, intimate and amazing acoustics too!!

Enjoy the shows and the food/beverages!!! Welcoming Fall to the island after an unexpected blast of summer this past week, the water was beautiful -PIG
Pine Island Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pine Island Guy For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (10-06-2023)
Old 10-12-2023, 08:32 PM   #7
MaryS

Just went to concert last night, fantastic venue, saw saxophonist Michael Lington and his amazing band!! Travel time from Moultonboro was 1 hr 20 minutes via 171 and Route 16.....easy drive on Wed night.
MaryS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaryS For This Useful Post:
Descant (10-12-2023), ishoot308 (10-13-2023)
Old 10-29-2023, 05:47 PM   #8
chachee52

So people that have been here, looking to go to a show, but what's the big difference between the $65 tickets and the $10 tickets (that seems to be my choices for the Thunder Birds). The ones to stage right seem to have a bar between the tables and the stage, can you see over the bar? Then there is a 600 section, looking at the pictures that might be in the upper level? How's the views from there?
I wish they had pictures of the sections facing the stage area on their web site.
Thanks for any help.
O, and is it worth going early for the food or grab something in town and just go there for drinks and dessert?
chachee52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 06:19 PM   #9
ishoot308

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachee52 View Post
So people that have been here, looking to go to a show, but what's the big difference between the $65 tickets and the $10 tickets (that seems to be my choices for the Thunder Birds). The ones to stage right seem to have a bar between the tables and the stage, can you see over the bar? Then there is a 600 section, looking at the pictures that might be in the upper level? How's the views from there?
I wish they ever had pictures of the sections facing the stage area on their web site.
Thanks for any help.
O, and is it worth going early for the food or grab something in town and just go there for drinks and dessertcimn?
The bar is on the left if you’re facing the stage behind a brick wall with large windows…not good to see the show at all. The food there is very good and worth going early for. The upper level seats are very good.

If you PM me with your email address I’ll send you a video from inside that shows all the seating.

Dan
Old 11-02-2023, 09:45 AM   #10
Descant

Thanked 1,518 Times in 985 Posts
Default Outstanding

My daughter and I went to Jimmy's Jazz & Blues Club last night. Up front seats for the Benny Bernack III Quartet. Great food and service at reasonable prices. This is a top-notch venue. My daughter had been at a previous show where the band (Samples) failed to live up to standard. Management asked them to leave mid-show and gave everybody ticket refunds. That's a definite sign of doing everything possible to commit to quality. Five star recommendation, venue and the Benny Bernack III Quartet.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (11-02-2023)
Old 11-10-2023, 06:48 PM   #11
Heaven

Went there last week for "local band night", inexpensive door charge and the food is very good. Had a great time, and this is an amazing location. Unfortunately, "local night" does not go all winter : (
Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote