Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #1
rgilfert

Default Lake Water Plumbing Questions

I'm finally down to the last few tasks involved in redoing all of the lake water plumbing at our place on Rattlesnake. Some of our reasons for undertaking the project include: 1) installation of a UV water treatment system (including sediment and carbon filters) 2) desire to get the existing pump & pressure tank up off of the ground and into a permanent, fixed & dry position 3) replace all of the existing undersized sized piping with pipe of appropriate diameter (per pump specifications) 4) run the suction side piping out into deeper water so that I can get it up higher off the bottom and thus suck up a lot less sediment in wavy weather. The last significant task that remains is to run the new pipe down from the pump and out into the lake. In preparation for doing this step, I bought a 100' of 1 1/4" black poly coiled pipe/tubing (the key word here being "coiled"). Can anyone suggest a good (and hopefully quick) way of straightening this tubing out so that it'll lay flat on the ground/lake bottom?? Every time that I attempt to uncoil it...it simply snaps back into its origional shape (perhaps there is a better type of tubing that I should be using??). Additional questions that I'd like your input on are: 1) how high off the lake bottom should the pipe be in order to minimize sediment pick up? 2) how have you tackled/solved keeping the lake end of the pipe in the appropriate position? Lastly...my son-in-law and I will be drawing straws to see who has to wade out into the lake to put the pipe in place.....does anyone want in on this drawing? Thanks in advance for your advice/recommendations.
rgilfert is offline   Reply With Quote