Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Weather
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-29-2010, 07:35 AM   #1
gokart-mozart

Default Amazing Snow Squall

I was caught in an amazing snow squall last night.

Driving from Concord to Wolfeboro, it started snowing lightly around 5:30pm.
By 6:00, it was steady and starting to stick to the road. Passing Stockbridge Corner, it really picked up, but as soon as I got to Prospect Mountain High School, I was completely enveloped in white.

I couldn't see ahead or behind, and I couldn't see the side of the road! I actually was stopped, in the road, for 4-5 minutes and then was able to limp to the Alton Circle, using the piled up snow on the shoulder (or what passes for the shoulder there) as a guide.

I'm amazed that there wasn't more accumulation.
gokart-mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:56 AM   #2
Lakegeezer

Default Meredith to CR Hill closed

Mrs LG was caught in the mini-blizzard on Route 93, between exit 22 and 23 - a lonely stretch. Traffic stopped for a while, then proceeded at 30 MPH. Once to Meredith, she was caught at the Irving/Wining Butcher area as people tried and failed to climb the hill towards Center Harbor. Finally, the police and sanding truck arrived and things cleared up. We got a quick inch or so.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:02 AM   #3
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default On 106 in Gilmanton

The wind was whipping around hard. I feel the truck shaking. I and others had to stop as I could not see beyond the wiper blades. Complete white out! Good thing everyone was driving safe. I did not see an accidents.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
TOAD

Had the same thing down here in West Springfield, MA albeit a little earlier around 4:00 PM. Sky turned dark , snow coming down so hard you couldn't see 10 feet. Saw lightening and heard thunder twice. Lasted about 10-12 minutes. Got about 1/2 inch in that short time though.
"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.....Unknown....but attributed to George Washington
TOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:42 PM   #5
corollaman

Glad we have the cold right now, cause if we didn't that system in the mid-atlantic would be giving us another ice storm, and we certainly don't want to re-live that weekend from hell back in December '08! I was without power for 3days! My aunt, for 11 days! The snow would've hit us too, as well as the ice had that arctic front didn't come down from Canada. I'll take snow over ice though! Ice is just a whole nother problem!
corollaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2010, 10:22 AM   #6
Barndoor Bob

That was some crazy weather Friday afternoon ! It took use 2 attempts to get to Barndoor Island ! Does anyone know the wind speed ? We were guessing 50-60 MPH.
Barndoor Bob is offline   Reply With Quote