Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-19-2008, 12:40 PM   #1
GWC...

Exclamation 27th annual Winni Derby

and the winners are...

Quote:
Originally Posted by online Citizen
George Lodge Jr. hooked a 4.28-pound 22.750-inch salmon besting Meredith's Alexander White by a mere one-half pound. Third place went to Thomas Jean of Fitchburg, Mass. for his 4.26-pound 23.375 inch fish.

Fishermen also caught 17 trout with Mark Thyng of Farmington, N.H. taking top honors with a whopping 11.72-pound 30.625-in lake trout. Rodney Furbush of Sharpleigh, Maine took second place with a 9.22-pound 29.750-inch fish and Rodney Smith of Rochester came in third with an 8.12-pound 31 inch trout.
http://www.citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll...635/-1/CITIZEN
Old 05-19-2008, 02:54 PM   #2
martbri7

Default Winni Derby 2008

I just went to my buddy AJ's house second place winner, he informed me that the 1/2 pound was incorrect it was actually 1/2 inch less....but that boat sure does look pretty out there, congrats to a local that deserves to win.

~7~
martbri7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:05 PM   #3
Lexxi

Unhappy Mistakes

Geesh, I hope they didn't make a mistake like they did with the Ice Out Winners, otherwise the winner of the Fishing Derby could find himself going down the line to second or third place and then end up having to many winners. That would be a terrible thing to have happen.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:44 PM   #4
Airwaves

Quote:
Originally posted by Lexxi
Geesh, I hope they didn't make a mistake like they did with the Ice Out Winners, otherwise the winner of the Fishing Derby could find himself going down the line to second or third place and then end up having to many winners. That would be a terrible thing to have happen.
Didn't something like that happen a couple of years ago? I seem to remember something about a delay in weighing that could have had an impact on the final result. I don't recall the outcome but I hope they figured out the problem and fixed it so it can't happen again!
Airwaves is offline   Reply With Quote