Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 11-04-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
Happy Gourmand

Default Home Alarm/freeze monitoring

I am considering a home alarm syatem with a freeze alarm sensor that does not require either a phone line or internet coverage. Instead, it uses a cellular phone built into the system that uses T-Mobile. The cottage is located on the west side of Meredith Bay, off Rte 3 between the Weirs and Meredith. Is anybody familiar with T-Mobile coverage in that area? Their "coverage" map indicates that 2G service is EXCELLENT in that area, but we all know about cell providers coverage maps.
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #2
MeredithMan

Default Home Alarm/Freeze Monitoring

Not sure if you will find this relevant, but I used to have T-Mobile and the signal was intermittent/spotty. However, that was almost 2 years ago and when I was in Laconia. I now have VZN and am in Meredith and their signal is always perfect. Also, note that there is a cell phone tower not far from you on the hill adjacent to the Rte 3 Meredith rotary. No idea if T-Mobile makes use of that tower or not, but if they do, presumably their signal would be strong.
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #3
Happy Gourmand

We have Verizon for our cell service too, good anywhere on or around the lake. I don't think T-Mobile is on that cell tower, their coverage map says I will have 2G service where our house is.
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #4
wifi

I believe T-Mobile roams with ATT and our member Den65 works in the area on their cell sites, you might drop him a message.
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote