Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
erikw

Default Bass fishing

Hoping to get up to the lake to do some fishing this coming week. Anyone have any info to pass along as far as bass fishing conditions around Alton/Wolfeboro area? Water temps? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
erikw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
Pineedles

Hope you have better luck than we did. I was on the water in the Northern area of the lake, Black Cat Island and above Saturday and our party of 10 had practically Zero luck. One small perch.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pineedles For This Useful Post:
erikw (05-14-2012)
Old 05-13-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
Nitronut

Default Lots of bedding going on

Had 2 guide trips this week and then fished a tournament on Saturday. Changes were huge. Earlier on the week, typical pre-spawn patterns with little bedding going on. By Saturday, big changes. Although main lake was still in low 50's, most of the lake is in the midst of spawn. Saturday tried fishing for pre-spawn females but really couldn't get a lot of big fish. Tons of 2.5-3 lbers coming from spawn flats and around points, both backwaters and main lake.
Remember to practice immediate catch and release which is mandatory in NH beginning Tuesday May 15th.
Nitronut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nitronut For This Useful Post:
erikw (05-14-2012)
Old 05-13-2012, 09:19 PM   #4
GusMan

Default Bass fishing on Winnie

Hey Erik,

Cannot help you specifically with Alton/Wolfboro as I fished a club tournament out of Long Island on Saturday and the wind made it impossible to venture that way.

This was my first day out on the big lake this year and I found water temps in the high 40's to mid/high 50's. I found fish in all stages of the spawn... a product of the strange weather this spring, I think.

I caught prespawn fish on jerkbaits, blade baits and carolina rigs, saw fish on beds spawning, and caught post spawn fish as well. I would think you'd do well targeting spawning flats with the aforementioned baits.

Oh... and several nice largemouth were also caught in the coves up by Black Cat Island.... just another option.

Good luck and of course ... catch and release...

Cheers..

Gusman
GusMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GusMan For This Useful Post:
erikw (05-14-2012)
Old 05-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
erikw

Thanks everyone for the info. Hoping the weather will hold on Wednesday so I can get out on the water without rain gear. Interesting to hear the spawn is already kicking off. Again, I appreciate the info.
erikw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #6
murph

Fished for about an hour before mothers day festivities yesterday out of my house in Center Harbor. Fish are definitely much more active in just a week. Seem to be getting some more life back in their fight too. Fished back in mid April (Havent been able to get out that much so far) and it seemed like almost every fish was frozen still. I was fishing slow along rocky/sandy points. Saw some cruisers who didn't seem to be interested in much and some fish moved up on beds. Caught 4 smallies in a little under and hour, biggest being about 2.5 pounds. All four fish on a little custom set up I have used the past few years with great success. My old man joined me in the boat and got just one on a senko. Going out Saturday for the day finally. Stay to the rocks and stay shallow and you'll do fine. Water is still very very very clear also so I like a little ripple in the water and matching the right color bait will be important. Good luck and tight lines!

Murph
murph is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to murph For This Useful Post:
erikw (05-15-2012)