Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2014, 10:03 PM   #1
wickedtravelah

Default Rt 25b in Center Harbor

Does anyone know when 25b is slated for resurfacing? It wasn't on the NHDOT list for 2013-14...not even for crack-sealing.

I'm just curious if anyone has "heard" anything about this. It is a pretty bumpy adventure on a daily basis; not to mention the suspension system on my car.

Thanks in advance!
wickedtravelah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:42 AM   #2
Lakegeezer

Default build them right or build them over

Hopefully it will be more than a resurfacing. Route 25B has frost heaves in its genetic make up. Even the summer residents get a small taste of what 25B can dish out over the winter. The recent work added a bunch of culverts, but there are some spots in that road that need to be dug down to the substrate and rebuilt from scratch. Then, the state can head up to Rt 113, the road between Sandwich and Holderness - and top contender in the area's bid to age your car's suspension.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:40 PM   #3
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default Gas tax

The new gas tax is supposed to raise $34MM. Some will go to finishing I-93, but I hope a large part will go to roads like 113 and 25B, and bridges. And DOT pays the Department of Safety over $70MM a year for State Police. For many, that should stop and the $70MM should be used for roads as the Constitution envisions.

Now, campaign season, is a good time to talk to state rep candidates about these issues. Bills get filed in the fall. When the House and Senate go back into session(January), it is too late.

And remember to keep receipts for boat gas so you can get the new 22 cent refund.
Descant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:00 PM   #4
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

RT 171 and RT109 are also something akin to the roads of the wagon trail era. RT171 is a suspension breaker and RT 109 in the winter is the new test route for the Baja 1000 Super Trucks this year. BTW...if you think that gas tax is gonna go to the roads....then I have a bridge over Alton Bay to sell you.

Here is what it is like on Rt 109 in the winter.....

Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lakesrider For This Useful Post:
kayleigh (07-09-2014)