Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-22-2008, 02:31 PM   #1
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Thumbs up Moultonboro SMC Summer News

Moultonboro Snowmobile Club
PO Box 118 - Moultonboro, NH 03254
www.moultonboroSMC.org
Summer, 2008

New Grooming Equipment APPROVED!!!!!
With the approval of the our Grant request by the Bureau of Trails, for the new 2009 Tucker 1000 Groomer, we have started a fund raising drive to offset the Clubs portion of the purchase.
Here are the details of the cost of the New Tucker.
Base cost: $151,414.00
Trade in of our 1995 Tucker - $45,414.00
Grant Bureau of Trails -$63,600
Cost to MSC $42,400.00 ($20,000 from available funds) ($22,400 to be covered by donations or Loan)
Of the $42,400.00 we are hoping to initially cover the open balance of $22,400.00 through donations from our membership. In doing this through a Donations Drive we can avoid the interest payments that would accompany a loan. We will continue the drive in an effort to cover the $20,000 taken from available funds.

We are seeking donation from all members in any amount. Donations may be mailed to Moultonboro SMC PO Box 118, Moultonboro, NH 03254. Please note check “Groomer Fund”.

Election of Officers:
President: Greg Dearth
Vise President: John Anderson
Secretary: Unfilled. We are looking for some one to fill this position. The position is more defined as a Recording Secretary.
Treasurer: Jim Morrison
Director: Joe Quaresima
Director: George Higgins
Trail Master: Leo Lemoine
Trail administrator: Brian Hall

Thank You!!!!!!!!!
The Club would like to thank everyone that made this past season one of the best ever. First we would like to thank the Land Owners who allow us the use of their property for our Trails; with out them there would be no snowmobiling. To all the volunteers that worked on the trails to get them into the BEST riding trails in this area bar none! To all the “GROOMERS” for the countless hours of working these trails with the abundant amount of snow we had. And Extra thanks to the guys that drove the Scandiks. And to the people who volunteer to keep the Club active. Check this link to our website to see how many others are involved in making this club what it is. www.moultonborosmc.org/contacts.htm

Summer Trail Work
We are in the midst of summer trail work. One of the major projects is on the Meredith Trail. This work, when completed, will enable us to use the New Tucker to groom this trail. We also have some significant drainage work on parts of the Red Hill trail that will be done over the summer. It will not be that long before we will be starting our Fall Trail work parties. This usually starts in early September. Check the website for details. www.moultonborosmc.org

Memberships 2008-2009
We will be sending out re-newel membership applications around the first week of September. Our first Club Meeting will be held on Saturday, October 4th.

See you on the Trails, George

WINNOCTURN

Last edited by WINNOCTURN; 07-23-2008 at 06:13 PM.
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:36 PM   #2
jeffk

Question Numbers are confusing me

If the cost is $151,414 minus grant of $106,000 minus trade in of $45,414 the remaining cost to the club would be zero

Great news on the groomer. I will include a donation when I renew my membership.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:08 AM   #3
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Default Wish it were so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffk View Post
If the cost is $151,414 minus grant of $106,000 minus trade in of $45,414 the remaining cost to the club would be zero

Great news on the groomer. I will include a donation when I renew my membership.
JeffK

The figures I got did not show the actual grant money. The 106,000 figure was the cost after the trade in. I wish you were right. But our obligation is $42,400.

I am glad you picked this up. I had alredy sent the News Letter to Miss Print and will be E-mailing it to the rest of the membership tonight.

And thanks ahead of time for your donation.

George

Base cost: $151,414.00
Trade in of our 1995 Tucker -$45,414.00
Grant Bureau of Trails -$63,600
Cost to MSC $42,400.00 ($20,000 from available funds) ($22,400 to be covered by donations or Loan)
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote