Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-03-2004, 11:40 AM   #1
Mee-n-Mac

Question Date, time (?) and place (?) of Forum Gathering set

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdude
I spoke with Ann Marble today (very pleasant) at the Town Manager's Office. I briefly described our little gathering and she said there would be no problem and no permit needed. She did suggest that, as a courtesy, I inform the selectmen (?) by mail .....which I will do. So, I assume the date is 9/11. Are we talking say....3:00 p.m.?
I missed this (the above) before posting my last post to mcdude. So it sounds like we're on for Cate Park. Does this sound OK for everyone ? Should I do another poll thingee for place and/or time ?? Personally I like the place and time so it's OK by me but if anyone feels opposed then by all means post your thoughts.

Now we can also talk about the what-to-do aspect. Some previous suggested things were;

1) Anyone who want's to, bring their fav Photopost pictures (yes you must own it/them, no fair stealing from IG, RG, LG, KBG, dcr, mcdude, trfour, ddemers, etc, etc). We could an exhibit and/or contest of some sort.

2) A raffle has been suggested. Maybe raffling off some the above ?

3) I think it might be fun to give everyone a number to wear. After 1 hour people have to match the # to the Forum Name. Some sort of rules and prizes TBD.

I suggest some kind of "what" if only to give people something to do whilst milling about waiting for other people to show up. Now it's your turn to suggest some things.

Last edited by Mee-n-Mac; 08-03-2004 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Added a what-to-do section
Mee-n-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 11:42 AM   #2
Mee-n-Mac

Question Tacit Approval

So can I take it that we're all in agreement re: time and place ? Any suggestions for the activity committee ?
Old 08-06-2004, 12:41 PM   #3
DRH

Default Sounds Good!

3:00 PM on Sat. 9/11 at Cate Park in Wolfeboro sounds fine to me!

Last edited by DRH; 08-06-2004 at 12:42 PM. Reason: added location
DRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 01:10 PM   #4
lacey

I won't be able to make the 9/11 gathering Sounds like a lot of fun I hope you guys have fun and be sure to post plenty of pictures from it!
lacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 01:12 PM   #5
Outlaw

September 11th, Crate Park, starting at 3:00 PM; sounds good to me.

Mee-n-Mac, you had suggested the possibility of an activity committee, what would you think the anticipated duration of this event would be given it starts at 3PM (I know the likely hood is "it's over when it's over"), I mean do we have to be out of Crate Park at any certain time for any other events scheduled there?

Does anyone know what are the "limitations" of the Park, meaning, can we have games of some sort, or are there restrictions on this due to potential liability exposure? Are coolers allowed in the park? Just trying to get a feel for what our boundaries are in order to make suggestions for activities.

Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2004, 03:56 PM   #6
Mee-n-Mac

Default My guess is ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw
September 11th, Crate Park, starting at 3:00 PM; sounds good to me.

Mee-n-Mac, you had suggested the possibility of an activity committee, what would you think the anticipated duration of this event would be given it starts at 3PM (I know the likely hood is "it's over when it's over"), I mean do we have to be out of Crate Park at any certain time for any other events scheduled there?

Does anyone know what are the "limitations" of the Park, meaning, can we have games of some sort, or are there restrictions on this due to potential liability exposure? Are coolers allowed in the park? Just trying to get a feel for what our boundaries are in order to make suggestions for activities.

I'd guess perhaps a couple of hours before people move on to other things (beer) that Wolfeboro (Garwoods) has to offer It didn't sound like the town had any time limit set for us. I'm sure there's no alcohol allowed in the park but I had planned to bring a small wheel-around cooler w/some soft drinks. I can't see any reason that would be objectionable so long as we don't make a mess of the place. As for games or tables or ??? perhaps mcdude can inquire with his contact in town hall and find out for sure.
Old 08-07-2004, 12:59 PM   #7
trfour

Post Ideas for the great gathering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mee-n-Mac
I missed this (the above) before posting my last post to mcdude. So it sounds like we're on for Cate Park. Does this sound OK for everyone ? Should I do another poll thingee for place and/or time ?? Personally I like the place and time so it's OK by me but if anyone feels opposed then by all means post your thoughts.

Now we can also talk about the what-to-do aspect. Some previous suggested things were;

1) Anyone who want's to, bring their fav Photopost pictures (yes you must own it/them, no fair stealing from IG, RG, LG, KBG, dcr, mcdude, trfour, ddemers, etc, etc). We could an exhibit and/or contest of some sort.

2) A raffle has been suggested. Maybe raffling off some the above ?

3) I think it might be fun to give everyone a number to wear. After 1 hour people have to match the # to the Forum Name. Some sort of rules and prizes TBD.

I suggest some kind of "what" if only to give people something to do whilst milling about waiting for other people to show up. Now it's your turn to suggest some things.
I think that it woud be a good idea if we all purchased something from the www.winnipesaukee.com store to bring along with us and donate these to the park for maintainance and improvements. They could have an auction or a Park sale.
This should be an anual event for everyone, I may not be able to attend this year, but I will make sure that my donation does! Also, where ever we meet, from year to year, it would be a little payback for them putting up with us!
What say?

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html

Last edited by trfour; 08-07-2004 at 02:51 PM.
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 04:39 PM   #8
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts
Question

Hey Everybody: When I spoke to town hall I mentioned setting up a little table and that didn't seem to be a problem. Let's say I set up a card table on the band concert gazebo with some name tags(?) and/or a sign-in book(?) ...
....who wants to be on my "meet-n-greet subcommittee"? Can someone else pull off a door prize? What happened to the sandbar/rafting subcommittee?? If people are looking for something more structured...we'd have to get ourselves organized better. Informal and less-structured sounds fine to me. What do you all think?
PS: Public park = no drinking. That's another committee!
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 06:18 PM   #9
ddemers

Question I'm lost!!

Hey all,

I've been real busy these last few months and haven't been able to post many pics or read the forum. What is this gathering all about? Am I invited?
ddemers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 07:22 PM   #10
mcdude

Originally Posted by PaulS
Are those of us who read every day but only post every once in a great while invited?

as previously stated by Outlaw,
"This gathering is for ALL forum participants. Hope you can make it. It should be very interesting".

Last edited by mcdude; 08-10-2004 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:33 AM   #11
The Eagle

Default I can't Make it after all!

Hi Guys and Gals,
I thought I would be able to make the gathering, but I can't. I just got my "Boston College Season Tickets" and the first (and BEST) HOME game this year, is September 11th against Penn State. I have NOT missed a home game in over 27 years of being a season ticket holder, and Alumni. Even though my body will be at the the BC game, my thoughts will be with you all. I Do have a favor to ask of everyone attending... Please either carry a flag, or wear Red, white, and blue. Remember it is the anniversary of "September 11th, 2001", just like we did for the "Flotilla of Flags". Let us NEVER forget what happened that day! Make sure you take a lot of pictures and post them for all to see.
Some Day, I will get to meet many of you. Have fun, I'll be thinking of you all!
Your Friend,
"The Eagle"
The Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 07:14 AM   #12
Grant

Default Sounds Like Fun

Someone do a favor and take some digital photos that can be posted to the Photopost section. While I'm still up here now, 9/11 is pretty much out of the question for a road trip.

The invitation stands for anyone who wants to grab a beer some time...

Cheers,

g
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 11:59 AM   #13
Mee-n-Mac

Talking Ex-post Fatto Planning Committee meeting, Sat 8/21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant
Someone do a favor and take some digital photos that can be posted to the Photopost section. While I'm still up here now, 9/11 is pretty much out of the question for a road trip.
Well that bites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant
The invitation stands for anyone who wants to grab a beer some time...
Cheers,
g
Well once again "Mee" has granted me a time out (actually it's supposed to rain and I think she's sick of me) so I propose another "planning committee" meeting to be held at Garwoods this Sat (8/21) afternoon, say ~2pm - maybe 4pm. The agenda is beer, errr, activities for 9/11 gathering so if y'all want to stop by, I'll be there. Anyone game ? or care for a different watering hole ??

ps - RG, I promise this time to inform the hostess and to bring along a "friend" y'all might recognize, so you can tell it's "Mac" at the bar.

pps - I finally get to use the beer mug smiley. Life is good
Old 08-20-2004, 09:32 AM   #14
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts

Outlaw has some great ideas. Can you make the meeting Saturday?
McDude, will we see you?
Looking forward to meeting you Mee-n-Mac! I'll wear my yellow tee, so you might recognize me again. LOL I promise to actually speak up this time.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 09:57 PM   #15
Outlaw

Default Garwoods

Ok yah, so 2PM at Garwood's on Saturday, August 21st it is. I will be there, but since I'm NEVER on time for ANYTHING (I know plenty of people who would attest to that) I should be there by 2:30 PM. Somehow I feel I will see this person sitting at the bar with an inflatable moose - don't know why I think this, but I do..........

P.S. I will try to represent my avatar the best I can, so you may be able to pick me out of the crowd. But at least I know to look for a girl in a yellow shirt and maybe an inflatable moose....??

Last edited by Outlaw; 08-21-2004 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Update info w/ P.S.
Old 08-21-2004, 05:55 PM   #16
mcdude

You mean....I had an excuse to drink beer at 2:00 this afternoon and I missed it? I must really be slipping
Old 08-22-2004, 07:38 PM   #17
weekender

Question gathering

I think the gathering is great! Would have liked to have met with some of you at Garwoods, but had a wedding to go to. And, I am not sure where Garwoods is.
Wouldn't it be a good idea to meet some place like the middle of the lake too, over labor day weekend. Say Braun Bay area, for those that can't make the 11th and or to do both!
weekender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 11:03 AM   #18
Mee-n-Mac

Wink Confession of a boating wussie

Quote:
Ok yah, so 2PM at Garwood's on Saturday, August 21st it is. I will be there, but since I'm NEVER on time for ANYTHING (I know plenty of people who would attest to that) I should be there by 2:30 PM.

Well we (RG, Rob and I) was there but alas no bucking bronco to be seen at the bar Actually given the weather I was surprised that anyone showed up. Now I have to confess that I drove, (yes by car) to Garwoods that day (shock, horror). I could say that "Mee" begged me not to take the boat (ever so concerned about the boat's, errr ... my... safety) but I'm not gonna do that. I could say that Noah XXXVI called and asked to borrow the boat (new ark delayed due to labor problems) but I'm not gonna do that. I could say the school of rock bass swimming up Rt28A said "Dude, take the car" but I'm not gonna do that. Instead I simply confess my sin and, shamed by the fact that both RG and Rob boated in, pledge to never drive when I can boat again. I have seen the light* and shall forwith walk the righteous path !

* seriously, I looked up this morning and saw the light. Twas a big bright ball, I think it's called The Sun. Sure, sure you say, "the Sun is nothing but a myth, never seen in these parts". But I swear I saw it ! Alas my digicam's CF was full of rock bass pics so I can't prove it, but next time ....

Quote:
Somehow I feel I will see this person sitting at the bar with an inflatable moose - don't know why I think this, but I do..........

Close, very close But moose went to play with his buddy squirrel so I brought a stand-in I believe a good time was had by all, should be fun in 3 weeks. Of course if anyone wants to "plan" some more then post a date and time...
Old 08-23-2004, 11:41 AM   #19
Rattlesnake Gal

Default Garwoods on Saturday

It was just great to meet Mee-n-Mac and Rob. I didn’t get too wet on the ride over to be dropped off, but my husband got stuck in the monsoon on the way back to the island. Poor guy. Guess he should have listened to me and joined us for drinks! Thanks again Mee-n-Mac! What an excellent bartender.
Sorry you could not make it McDude. You would have had fun.
I am looking forward to meeting more forum friends on the 11th. Hope the weather cooperates and more than just the three of us show up! Though we will have fun even if that happens.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:58 AM   #20
Outlaw

M-n-M - I know I know I know......tried to send a private message but was turned down so then went the email route - it wasn't returned undeliverable so I guess it made it (sent one to 'RG' as well). That explains it all, but you'll find me in the Citizens 911 logs for 8/21 (all is well). I missed the moose’s stand in - I am certainly bummed.
I'm thinking we need to get serious here and belly up to the bar (wish it could be literally) and us forum folks need to commit with a FIRM YES or NO if we're attending the Sept. 11th Gathering. We need the firm Yes or No by this Friday from everyone who reads this. We're trying (and trying really hard) to plan something that will be worth going to and fun as well. Without serious commitment from the forum, we are finding it difficult to plan anything, because as you know there is an expense associated with everything, and we'd like to minimize the out of pocket expense of those who are doing the planning (at least until I can get that money tree to grow in my front yard).
Come on troops - are you in or not. Let's hear from you and make it stick.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:56 PM   #21
Merrymeeting

Outlaw,

It isn't clear if you want the responses on this thread or another. Assuming this one, I'm afraid I can't make it.

I wanted to, and had planned to, until The Eagle pointed out a conflict. I attend (and work at) all BC home football games. Sorry can't be in 2 places at once, as much as I would like to...

Merrymeeting
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 02:07 PM   #22
Rattlesnake Gal

Maybe the date should be re-evaluated? Perhaps then Grant could attend Grants Gathering too!
Outlaw, I hope your feeling back to good.

Last edited by Rattlesnake Gal; 08-23-2004 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:35 PM   #23
Outlaw

I echo RG on the reevaluation of the date - Grant needs to be there. If we can't get more than 12 people on Sept. 11th, than we should hold it another time or another place - what is it people are looking for??? - is it Activity? Food and Drinks? Casual Place to Hang?, than maybe somewhere else that can offer more (for example; the Town Docks in Meredith outside beach area, people can come by boat, car, walk - they can hang out on the beach area of the Town Docks, or in each others boats, eat, drink, have fun - Purely Just a Thought).

Thank very much you RG, I think I am back to good today
Old 08-25-2004, 09:21 PM   #24
Mee-n-Mac

Default Firm Yes

Quote:
I'm thinking we need to get serious here and belly up to the bar (wish it could be literally) and us forum folks need to commit with a FIRM YES or NO if we're attending the Sept. 11th Gathering. We need the firm Yes or No by this Friday from everyone who reads this. We're trying (and trying really hard) to plan something that will be worth going to and fun as well. Without serious commitment from the forum, we are finding it difficult to plan anything, because as you know there is an expense associated with everything, and we'd like to minimize the out of pocket expense of those who are doing the planning (at least until I can get that money tree to grow in my front yard).
Come on troops - are you in or not. Let's hear from you and make it stick.
Well count me in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal
Maybe the date should be re-evaluated? Perhaps then Grant could attend Grants Gathering too!
Quote:
I echo RG on the reevaluation of the date - Grant needs to be there. If we can't get more than 12 people on Sept. 11th, than we should hold it another time or another place - what is it people are looking for??? - is it Activity? Food and Drinks? Casual Place to Hang?, than maybe somewhere else that can offer more (for example; the Town Docks in Meredith outside beach area, people can come by boat, car, walk - they can hang out on the beach area of the Town Docks, or in each others boats, eat, drink, have fun - Purely Just a Thought).
I've got no problems with that but it's getting pretty close to Labor day and my interpretation of the poll was that more people would be left out by a non-9/11 or post Labor Day date. Maybe an informal pre-fest might be the ticket for those who can't make 9/11 ? By my last (and I know it's not fully accurate list) these people (below) had indicated they would attend on 9/11. Let us all know if I've left you out or if your decision has changed or I've goofed. Also it's probably a good idea to indicate if you're bringing a spouse, kids, mon-amour, mistress, gigilo, etc.

Don Hughes, Outlaw +1, Just Sold, Skip, Coastal Laker, Juawanna, Mee-n-Mac
Merrymeeting, ART, SIKSUKR, mcdude, Rattlesnake Gal, Gilly 20(?), ToW +1,
Lakegeezer, upthesaukee, Rinkerfam, LakeGirl, Rob, JohnNH, DW1585
gravy boat, jrc, scott hughes, ghfromaltonbay (?), Mink Islander, ddeemers (?)

OK People Who Else ?? Not many bold names above (bumped post for visibility)

Last edited by Mee-n-Mac; 08-31-2004 at 11:47 AM. Reason: removed lacey, added ddeemer possible, confirmed in blue, added ToW
Mee-n-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 11:48 PM   #25
Outlaw

Default I'm in....for a burger and a cold one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mee-n-Mac
Don Hughes, Outlaw, Just Sold, Skip, Coastal Laker, Juawanna, Mee-n-Mac
Merrymeeting, ART, SIKSUKR, mcdude, Rattlesnake Gal, Gilly 20(?)
Lakegeezer, upthesaukee, Rinkerfam, LakeGirl, Rob, JohnNH, DW1585
gravy boat, jrc, scott hughes, ghfromaltonbay (?), Mink Islander, ddeemers (?)
That's 25 forum people not including those they bring along, that's good to see. Not exactly the amount of people I was hoping for in order to have some activities (fun and fund raising) in the park (Crate). If I had enough room, I'd just have everyone over and do a BBQ thing, but I don't.

Should we still gather at CratePark, can we do BBQ there? That would give us something to do. I'm wondering if people are looking for something more than just hanging in the park for a few hours. I personally find it more enjoyable to walk around talking to people when I can have something to drink and eat in my hand......just throwing out some thoughts.

I'm in for September 11th and will bring one other person.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:59 PM   #26
phoenix

good luck on yourmeeting i will be up over labor day but will be back in Phoenix for your meeting have fun and let me know how it goes
phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:03 AM   #27
Tired of Waiting

Talking I'll be there

As long a 9/11 continues to be the date,,, I'll be there with my Significant other.

ToW
Tired of Waiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:54 AM   #28
mcdude

Count me in on 9/11 or any other date you have in mind. RG and I have some name tags and will bring a few tables and chairs to do a meet and greet in the gazebo. I also have framed some photos for a raffle or door prize....whatever. Anyone else have an item to contribute? Profits, if any, to go towards the new web cam? We need some of those tickets where you can put one in and keep one for a receipt. Where does one get those? I don't think you can do a barbecue. Someone mentioned a cooler with soft drinks....sounds good. Chips and dip anyone?
Old 08-26-2004, 11:37 AM   #29
Coastal Laker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdude
We need some of those tickets where you can put one in and keep one for a receipt. Where does one get those?
I can supply the raffle tickets. They are available at any office supply store (like Staples). Problem is that I am usually late to any event so I would need to get them to you, or someone, before hand.

Coastal Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 11:44 AM   #30
Mee-n-Mac

Question Garwoods again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Laker
I can supply the raffle tickets. They are available at any office supply store (like Staples). Problem is that I am usually late to any event so I would need to get them to you, or someone, before hand.
Sounds like you and mcdude need to be at the next Ex Com planning meeting I don't think I can do one this weekend but don't let this stop the rest of you !

btw - Is this a confirmation ? you and ?? others
Old 08-26-2004, 11:16 PM   #31
Outlaw

Default Raffle? Door Prize?

I'm all for this idea and will take on the responsibility of coordinating this (with CostalLaker supplying the raffle tickets). If need be, I will bring another folding table for this and the necessary 'supplies'.

What I need is more volunteers like mcdude offering up something the make, have, want to get/purchase as raffle items. I'll post the 'rules of the game' in a separate post.

Who can 'Donate' something, whether is be tangible or intangible for the raffle to raise money for the Web Cam fund? It could be donating 2 hours of a special service that you perform (if you teach something like computers, you could donate 2 hours of education); artwork; gift certificates; a hand made quilt; a set of boat bumpers; a craft you make (just throwing out ideas).

Let me know if you can/want to donate something to the raffle and what it would be. Send me a Private Message or an email if you do not want to post it on the forum.

I will make up a list and see what we have - hopefully we can make this a viable fund raiser for the Web Cam Fund - I know we all loooovveee to watch them.

Thanks so much in advance for your contribution !!!!
Old 08-27-2004, 08:01 AM   #32
PaulS

Default 50/50

If you want a simple way to do a raffle, how about a 50/50. 1/2 the proceeds go to the winner, 1/2 for the webcam. Seems alot simpler logistically.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote