Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Diving Winnipesaukee
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
SharkBaitDiving

Default Dive Spots Left for Saturday Morning 7/20 @ 9AM

I have 2 or 3 spots open for this Saturdays Charter. Taking Jay and a couple more from Central NH Divers out to Empty Pockets & Navy site.

At boat by 9 AM.

Leaves 9:30 AM.

2 tank dive for $50.00 if your interested call for availability 617-966-0111.

Thanks,
Capt. Jim
Shark Bait Diving Adventures
www.sharkbaitdivingadventures.com
SharkBaitDiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
Aqua-andy

How did the dives go? I saw your boat Saturday over by Harillas on the three wrecks there when I was picking up my sister at the dock.
Aqua-andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
scubajay1153

Andy,
The diving was awesome! Jim runs a great boat and the 5 of us had a blast!OUr two boat diving newbies felt super comfortable and relaxed and really enjoyed the experience! Great dives, great conversations and a great guy skippering! We can't wait to get back out with Shark Bait again!

Jay
scubajay1153 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scubajay1153 For This Useful Post:
SharkBaitDiving (07-23-2013)
Old 07-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
oldflounder

Default lots of fun

It was a fine day to be on and under the water. The air was warm but not stifling like the previous several days. I don't know what it was like ashore that day but there was no humidity on the water [is that something like an oxymoron?] the surface water must have been in the mid to upper 70's with a thermocline at 28' about 8-10* less. I wore my lavacore 2 piece with thin gloves and 7 mm hood and was warm enough down there.

The viz was nothing to brag about. We had the usual 12-15' but the water was unusually hazy. Maybe the previous spell of hot weather got an algae bloom active or some kind of other organic growth going.

None of us were up for any hard core diving experiences right off the bat so we opted for Harilla's Cove to get wet and check out each other's dive skills. We explored the 3 wrecks and viewed the swarms of fishies at the boathouse. After our 65 minute dive we lounged away a 1/2 SI on the boat and then motored back over to The Lady for our second dive. We had the same unusually hazy viz. The bottom was pleasant with very little stirred up silt to deal with. We spent another good hour exploring the wreck, taking photos and watching the fishies watching us. Never saw the resident eel.

The bunch of us returned to where we had secured to flag to the center of the wreck and, to our surprise, it was missing in action. It had apparently untied itself and gone off looking for a more interesting location. [as all experienced divers well know -- dive flags have a mind of their own -- if they are not constantly trying to wrap themselves around you, they are drifting off somewhere or dragging along the bottom behind you.] That was an interesting experience. Jay chose to be the sacrificial lamb and surfaced into the boat traffic with a safety sausage while the rest of us waited 15' below him expecting to be showered with blood and body parts any minute. Luckily for Jay the dive flag was still relatively near the wreck and had been doing it's duty keeping the boaters at bay.

By now we were starting to get a little chilled as we had spent a good part of an hour in and out of the thermocline zone. We surfaced to hot dogs and grilled kielbasa provided by Jim, our wonderful host. This was a fun experience and it was nice to be able to have a day of pretty much doing what we wanted without being rushed about trying to keep to schedules.

I would definately do it again but Jim might have to get a smaller boat. We had one lady float out to us on her little float raft and tell us we were blocking her view of the lake. She was serious!
oldflounder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oldflounder For This Useful Post:
SharkBaitDiving (07-23-2013)
Old 07-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #5
Pineedles

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldflounder View Post

I would definately do it again but Jim might have to get a smaller boat. We had one lady float out to us on her little float raft and tell us we were blocking her view of the lake. She was serious!
OMG, tell me you are kidding, please! How does one respond to such a request/entitled demand, to cause her to reflect on what a selfish remark she has made?
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #6
Aqua-andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
OMG, tell me you are kidding, please! How does one respond to such a request/entitled demand, to cause her to reflect on what a selfish remark she has made?

All you can do is laugh and tell her to pound sand. Some people will never get it so why try. This is kind of like the woman at the Harilla public ramp last night that parked her Subaru across the width of the ramp blocking the whole thing so they could load there kayaks. After over 10 minutes of watching them play with there coolers and rearrange the car I asked if they could move the car over so we could also use the ramp (along with the other three people in line), she got all bent out of shape and could not understand why we could not just wait for them to finish. They just don't get it!!
Old 07-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #7
oldflounder

Default Don't get me started!!!

I never got to part 2. Yes she had her say and all you can do is shake your head and be amazed at the selfishness and self-entitlement of some people.

While we were parked in the cove someone called the MP to complain that we were flying dive flags in the water and on the boat within 150' of the docks [actually I think we were more like 200' away.] and we were blocking navigation because they couldn't leave the docks.

The laws are there ----- why don't people read them. You must stay 150' away from other boats, docks, shore, swimmers/swim areas, mooring balls, rafts when underway. ADD DIVE FLAGS to this list. If you must get within 150' of these objects for whatever reason and you are perfectly free to --- you must maintain headway speed [max 6 mph]. Use common sense --- would you maneuver your boat up next to a swimmer until you hit them or would you use some common sense and stay a few feet away. It's the same with the flag -- why do you motor up to it and play with it??? Just pretend it's a swimmer and life would be much simpler. The dive flag law is redundant --- the law is already there --- use common sense and slow down when within 150' of objects in the water.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldflounder For This Useful Post:
Aqua-andy (07-22-2013), SharkBaitDiving (07-23-2013)
Old 07-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #8
Aqua-andy

I would really like dive flag use to be optional. It is supposed to protect the diver not the boater anyway. If you want the illusion of protection the dive flag provides, use it. Me, I treat any dive in a lake with boats as an overhead dive. By this I mean I make damn sure I can exit at the place I went in so I am protected by a large object like a boat and not a flag on a stick.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aqua-andy For This Useful Post:
SharkBaitDiving (07-25-2013)
Old 07-23-2013, 07:58 AM   #9
SharkBaitDiving

Default Saturday Diving Update

OK

So we had a great day diving but pople amaze me still everyday!!

First I was blocking the exit of boats from the dock 200'+ from the docks or land????

Two, I was blocking the view from land because my boat was too big?

I have to say I bit my tongue on both as I wanted to keep the peace and run a good business but lets be real folks huh????????????????

Anyway I'm glad my Customers had a great day as it turned out to be a real nice day weather wise, 2 good long dives, everyone was safe and made it back ok.

I rush all week long at my full time job and like to not rush at all weekends if I can help it.

Glad everyone enjoyed themselves and hoping to see more of you real soon!

For the month of August I have the 5 Fridays off and will be up Thursday nights so 3 day weekends available for any dive trips all month!!!

Thanks again everyone,

Capt. Jim

617-966-0111
Old 07-23-2013, 09:10 AM   #10
AC2717

HI SHark Bait,
do you do certifications, I always wanted to scuba, I am a complete Newbie please feel free to PM me
Old 07-23-2013, 09:24 AM   #11
oldflounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
HI SHark Bait,
do you do certifications, I always wanted to scuba, I am a complete Newbie please feel free to PM me
If Jim won't do it there are several places on the Lake you can get certified. Google --- Lake Winnipesaukee scuba certification.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #12
Senter Cove Guy

Default Call Dive Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
HI SHark Bait,
Dive Winnipesaukee is starting a new open water diver group class on July 29, 2013. You can reach them at 603-569-8080.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:25 AM   #13
SharkBaitDiving

Default Dive Certification

I don't do any certifications as I'm not Instructor rated.

Two great shops with Instructors on the Lake though!

Central NH Divers in Meredith just past Funspot on your right (soon to be closer in Laconia/ Old Burgerking site) and Dive Winnipesaukee in Wolfboro.

Tell them I sent you please!!!

I can take you out for your 4 checkout dives (After classroom & Pool work), sightseeing, weddings, private charters, etc, etc, etc,

Thanks,
Captain Jim Carozza
Owner / Operator
Fay's Boat Yard
Gilford, NH

617-966-0111