Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-14-2021, 03:40 PM   #1
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,971 Times in 1,219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigstan View Post
I have a couple pairs of those slim Walkers, I like the full-size better but those are ok too, especially for .22. Keep a multi-pack of batteries in the range bag cause you will forget and leave them turned on once or twice.

Try a few pairs of glasses - sweat & muffs isn't a problem as much as sweat & glasses - most fog up easily. I bought a $40 pair from SIG that works great, the $15 generic / Bass Pro type leave me fogged up constantly.

Unsolicited advice - if not bought already load up on BX-25 / 25 round Ruger magazines. Someone else mentioned White Birch armory - they always seem to have them (they like everything else are hard to find these days). I would go there and buy 6x of them while you check out their range, you need them whether you know it now or not. Loading 10 round rotaries gets tiresome quick.
Thanks for the tip.

Would those muffs work well with the plugs posted above? Or would it defeat the purpose of having the electronics?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 03:44 PM   #2
Bigstan

Never seen a pair of plugs that didn't work when inserted properly. Also never seen a pair that would interfere with a pair of earmuffs. I don't think an incompatibility is possible there.

With .22 you can get away with one or the other, especially if you are alone / semi-alone on an outdoor range. Try both, I think you'll decide on the muffs or a combo over just plugs.

I err on the side of caution and always do both as I like to hear and want to keep on doing it.
Bigstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 03:49 PM   #3
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Thanks for the tip.

Would those muffs work well with the plugs posted above? Or would it defeat the purpose of having the electronics?

I believe these are the ones I have:

https://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight...s%2C211&sr=8-6

Ear plugs and muffs together is overkill. The benefit of the electronic muffs is that when not shooting you can turn the volume up and have conversations without having to take them off.

Stay with Ruger mags for the 10/22. The BX-25 is a great mag. Buy a speed loader to help load faster, otherwise it can get a bit monotonous.
codeman671 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 03:58 PM   #4
Bigstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
Ear plugs and muffs together is overkill. The benefit of the electronic muffs is that when not shooting you can turn the volume up and have conversations without having to take them off.
Very true - but the benefit is also (in my case) Bluetooth. It's nice to be able to stream - and yes you can still hear it with plugs in as well, it's kind of a background noise thing.

Agree in this case it's overkill for .22, but using both absolutely helps me when shooting anything 30 cal+. Or when situated next to one of the many newbs out there who have an AR platform and think it's a race to unload 30 round mags as quick as they can.
Bigstan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigstan For This Useful Post:
ApS (07-14-2021)
Old 07-14-2021, 04:00 PM   #5
thinkxingu

Ok, I ordered some Surefire EP10s and the Walker thins and will try both out and see how it goes.

Thanks, all!

Last edited by thinkxingu; 07-14-2021 at 05:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2021, 05:21 PM   #6
winni83

Think
Look at the Winnipesaukee Sportsmen’s Club website. They offer some basic courses. Look under Education on the home page.

https://winnisportsmensclub.org/
winni83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 06:21 PM   #7
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by winni83 View Post
Think

Look at the Winnipesaukee Sportsmen’s Club website. They offer some basic courses. Look under Education on the home page.

https://winnisportsmensclub.org/
Thank you kindly!