Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2010, 09:57 AM   #1
wendyg

Post Newbie

We have just purchased a 2006 Sea Ray 250 SLX that is outfitted with a Merc 496 MAG 375hp engine with only 51hrs. We did a lot of research and decided that this was the right size of a boat to accommodate our family and potential guests as well as the right size boat to handle the lake. We started out thinking 18 ft...but quickly realized we would be cramped for space and tossed around on the lake. We also considered a 24 ft boat...but this one just gave us that little bit of extra room in the cockpit and bow of the boat. My husband spent his childhood on sailboats in Florida and I grew up on a 17 ft Cobia power boat in Florida. We are first time boat owners and will be keeping the boat at Mountain View Yacht Club. We are also new to Lake Winni. We have rented smaller power boats a few times on Lake Ossippee and Lake Sebago. We have three children ages 9-16, as well as two dogs. We want to enjoy both the cruising side and watersports as well as swimming on the lake. So what I am looking for is advice on easing ourselves into this. We realize we have a lot to learn...docking, navigation of the lake, boat mechanics, etc. Safety is the top priority. Any input from both experienced and beginner boaters on how to "get started" is greatly appreciated!
wendyg is offline   Reply With Quote