Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
ishoot308

Thanked 5,007 Times in 1,945 Posts
Default Home Energy Products / Mitsubishi Mini Split

Looking for info good or bad anyone has on Home Energy Products in Belmont or on Mitsubishi Mini Split heat / AC unit. Possibly having them install one of these units in our camp. Have an appointment with them this week.

Any info on either installer or the unit is appreciated!

Thanks!

Dan
ishoot308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,091 Times in 785 Posts
Default Excellent!

Excellent installation and product.
Many were installed at Wildwood Village.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #3
ishoot308

Default Quiet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Excellent installation and product.
Many were installed at Wildwood Village.
Thanks for the feedback BH!

Are the units quiet when in AC mode? We really are sick of the noise from portable type units.

Thanks!

Dan
Old 07-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
TheProfessor

These units are used quite extensively in the rest of the world.
I have been in many homes in other parts of the world and they work quite fine.
Central Air conditioning is used extensively in the US.
I don't see the need to cool the whole house (here) when most of the time folks spend their time in basically 3 rooms.
Some of the fancier homes are zoned so not necessarily cooling the whole house.

The same place sells Monitor and Toyotomi kerosene home heaters. I wish I had installed these when my place was constructed.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:05 PM   #5
winnipiseogee

Just used a different installer to have 2 put in at my house. They ROCK!! Very quiet and super effective! Make sure you check with the co-op about rebates. I got $2200 back but you have to have them in BEFORE you have the units installed.
winnipiseogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #6
CL 240 LS

Default Daikin

I just saw a White Mountain Oil ad in the Conway Sun for Daikin AC units. I would like to hear any coments on these units as well as Mitsubishi.

http://www.daikinac.com/commercial/s...c=ressolutions
CL 240 LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:26 AM   #7
welchislandman

We have a Mitsubishi Split in our bedroom at the house. very quiet and cools a 15x20 room quickly. Hardly know its running
welchislandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #8
dt5150

i had home energy install a mitsubishi mini split system in my old house about 5 years ago. best thing i ever did. they work beautifully. their install was done well too, clean and professional. i did save some $ by running all the electrical myself instead of hiring an electrician to do it. at the time, home energy didn't do the elec. part. they may now, i don't know. very pleased all around though. definitely worth the money.
dt5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:23 AM   #9
Blue Thunder

I will throw in my two cents worth and say that I have heard excellent reviews of the Mitsubishi/Mr Slim ductless units.

I had a Sanyo, which is now Panasonic system installed in my island cottage about 4 years ago. It worked great for the first year and then I had nothing but trouble with it. I had to replace a $700 PCM board only to have it fry again within ten minutes. No returns on electrical parts...of course. I now have a $4000 boat anchor attached to the side of my cottage. Any takers??

Stay away from Sanyo/Panasonic. NO Customer service at all.

BT
Old 07-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #10
JMR

Default Report

ishoot I have been thinking of same unit for house and camp. I would love to know what you decide and what you think if you install.
JMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #11
ishoot308

Default Thanks!

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. Sounds like it's a real good unit and Home Energy sounds like a quality installer.

JMR, Home Energy is coming to my camp tomorrow so I will most likely be making a decision then. I'll let you know what I find out.

Thanks again everyone!!

Dan
Old 07-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #12
ishoot308

Default Going For It!!

After meeting with the owner of Home Energy at my Camp this morning, I have decided to have them install the Mitsubishi system.

I have spoken to a few people who have similar heat pump systems and all say they are cooling their entire house thoroughly for $10.00 per month! I am having three interior units installed (33,000 BTU) and the gentleman from Home Energy said it would cost between $5.00 - $10.00 per month during the summer to cool.

A couple people I have talked to who winter in Florida say they keep their heat pump AC system running all summer long while they are not there to keep mold from forming and it's only costing around $15.00 a month.

While I am doing this for more of a convenience and quietness issue the savings will be nice. Payback will take about 7 - 10 years because I am seasonal. Payback in non seasonal homes who are heating and cooling is approximately 2-4 years!! Well worth doing in my opinion!

Warranty on the Mitsubishi system is 7 years parts by Mitsubishi and 7 years labor by Home Energy. Great Warranty!

Thanks again for all your input!

Dan
Old 07-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #13
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

I'm a bit late to this thread but figured I wold let you know I have the 29,000 btu unit in my house. A small cape. Cools the whole house but I do keep a fan to blow it into the bedroom as it does not push the cold air into every room upstairs. Not a big deal but you might find you need a fan in some spots to deliver the heat/cooling. We use the same vendor and they usually have a service special that you can pay for each spring. Ours is $179.00 I think. They will come out and clean everything and tune it up. We have had ours for over 6 years now and you will be surprised how much dust builds on the drum fan even with cleaning the two front filters. Having two cats does not help with that....
I always tip the guys when they come as they have to climb under my deck to get to the condensor, plus I figure if I take care of them.....They will take care of me should the need arise. But they do a great job any way. And everyone that has shown up to my house for the install and cleaning were very nice and always polite. (Nice to see that in a company now days.) Great crew. Great company. We are thinking about getting another small system to do the upstairs bedrooms on their own.
If you get it....you will love it.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lakesrider For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (07-29-2012)
Old 08-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #14
ishoot308

Default Great Experience!!!

Home Energy installed the mini splits today and thought I would report back.

Let me first say that the entire experience with Home Energy has been a joy!! They are complete professionals! The owner came out to take measurements, give me a brief explanation on how the units work and how they would be installed. Once I accepted the quote, a date was set for install which was one week later. No down payment was required and I was told pay in full when job was complete.

The installers and their electrician showed up together this morning with everything they needed. They loaded my boat and off we went. The job was completed in 7 hours. They were very professional in their work and the install was neat and clean. The units work great and boy are they QUIET!!

I am a very happy customer and highly recommend Home Energy in Belmont, NH

Dan

Last edited by ishoot308; 08-07-2012 at 07:49 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (08-07-2012), jeffatsquam (08-07-2012)
Old 08-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #15
ishoot308

Default Generator Runs It!!

One of the big benefits of this system was realized this weekend when we lost power on the island for a day. It takes such little electricity to run, my portable Honda generator was easily able to run the entire system with ease. I could of never run my previous three portable AC units with the generator!

Loving it so far!!!

Dan
The Following User Says Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (08-12-2012)
Old 10-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #16
OleSmokey

Default Mitsubishi status

Dan, I am presently looking at Mitsubishi system. How are things going with your installation. Now that it has been a month plus of time and usage, any words of what to watch for or what you "wish you did". Thanks
OS
OleSmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #17
Blue Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
I will throw in my two cents worth and say that I have heard excellent reviews of the Mitsubishi/Mr Slim ductless units.

I had a Sanyo, which is now Panasonic system installed in my island cottage about 4 years ago. It worked great for the first year and then I had nothing but trouble with it. I had to replace a $700 PCM board only to have it fry again within ten minutes. No returns on electrical parts...of course. I now have a $4000 boat anchor attached to the side of my cottage. Any takers??

Stay away from Sanyo/Panasonic. NO Customer service at all.

BT
Since this thread is approaching a year old, I thought I would throw my update in as well. I finally bit the bullet and replaced my entire system changing it from the Sanyo/Panasonic POS to a Fujitsu system. My original installer who felt really bad about the whole thing got me the system at his cost and didn't charge me any labor to completely remove the old system and install the new one. The suction and refrigeration lines were compatible.
It works like a champ and with all of this humid weather we are having and will have for the next week or so, I am a happy camper.

I disposed of the outside unit since it was junk but if anyone knows of someone with a Sanyo system, I have an 18K btu and a 9K btu wall unit that worked perfectly that I'm looking to dump.

BT
@thelake (07-03-2013)
Old 07-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #18
HellRaZoR004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Since this thread is approaching a year old, I thought I would throw my update in as well. I finally bit the bullet and replaced my entire system changing it from the Sanyo/Panasonic POS to a Fujitsu system. My original installer who felt really bad about the whole thing got me the system at his cost and didn't charge me any labor to completely remove the old system and install the new one. The suction and refrigeration lines were compatible.
It works like a champ and with all of this humid weather we are having and will have for the next week or so, I am a happy camper.

I disposed of the outside unit since it was junk but if anyone knows of someone with a Sanyo system, I have an 18K btu and a 9K btu wall unit that worked perfectly that I'm looking to dump.

BT
What was wrong with your previous install?
HellRaZoR004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #19
Blue Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRaZoR004 View Post
What was wrong with your previous install?
Its in the quotes of my previous post.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #20
HellRaZoR004

I see...any idea what was causing the board to fry? I'm assuming you were using line power and not a generator?
HellRaZoR004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #21
SIKSUKR

I had one of my hvac units in my property fry 3 boards in succesion until we found the culprit.Condensate was getting blown around near the controls and apparently reached the board.By the time my hvac guy showd up to diagnose the problem,there wasn't any water present.Finally figured it out the last time as we inspected the unit right after it failed and saw the water.The culprit?The condensate line was slighty plugged and the pan wouldn't drain as fast as usual.After and hour the pan would be dry and this wasn't something that would be obvious to look at.Blow those condensate lines out.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #22
Blue Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRaZoR004 View Post
I see...any idea what was causing the board to fry? I'm assuming you were using line power and not a generator?
The system was a lemon from the start. My installer installed about 30 of them before the gremlins showed up. He really did all that he could but had zero support from Sanyo in Atlanta. I'm no HVAC guy but I learned what I could and troubleshot the system several times. Once Panasonic took over I was screwed. Even though my inside wall units were fine I just couldn't bring myself to give the company more money for a new outside condensing inverter. I went with a different brand new system from a different manufacturer.