Thread: NH Taxes
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 12:44 PM   #52
Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
Garcia, what you fail to realize is that we have already compromised. There are many, many restrictions and laws on gun ownership, most of which are state laws. Try owning a gun in Mass. Not an easy process. Mandatory training and then left to the discretion of the local police. Like I said above, we have less rules and regulations for voting, which isn't even a constitutional right.

The left's version of compromise is confiscation, and both of us know that is ultimately the goal. Whenever I've bought guns, I've been through a background check. What more do you want? The issue is mental health, and mental health patients have rights in today's world. Limiting my rights as a gun owner doesn't achieve your purpose. Doesn't make the world safer, and in the end, is a limitation on liberty.
Everyone on both extremes of this and so many other issues thinks exactly like this in that they think they already compromised too much and it is the other side that is the problem. Extreme conservativism and extreme liberalism are two sides of the same coin.

But then again, that's why I think this is such a great country. We can have strong polarizing views, we can disagree, and we have the power to elect those people we think will best represent us.
Garcia is online now   Reply With Quote