Thread: Aluminum Dock
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 09:59 PM   #4
tummyman

Default Dock

I started a thread earlier about aluminum docks. After a lot of research, I purchased a one year old dock from Watermark Construction in Gilford...found it on Craigs List. The manufacturer is Alummikon doing business as Sebago Dock in Maine. They are all made in Maine. I almost bought a new one from Sebago, but the used one came on the market and I was sold. The dock configuration in totally unique. Each post has a built in brace. Google "Alummikon" and click on the Sebago link. I was torn between this dock and a dock made by FWM. From what my research showed, the FMW was a top of the line dock, but pretty pricey. The Alummikon is less expensive and I really liked the design concept. I did a lot of research on various docks.....I think I made the best decision for me. You should at least research this product at Sebago...... By the way, Sebago Dock offers factory direct pricing on their products.... Call the owner Jim ....his cell phone number is 207-653-3625. He can answer any comparison of his dock to any other manufacturer. Again, I'm sold on this product. It is extremely rugged.

Last edited by tummyman; 03-19-2010 at 04:50 PM.
tummyman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tummyman For This Useful Post: