View Single Post
Old 10-01-2022, 09:43 AM   #139
LikeLakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mercier View Post
Why?
My bond fund manager takes a percentage of my return and isn't subject to me considering him a ''public'' employee.

I have the option to divest... so the investors at Eversource feel that the CEO is worth what is being paid... or have the option to divest.
Does your bond fund manager go to the SEC and say "please make sure the market conditions dictate that our investment choices for our clients can't lose?"

John, you are completely missing the point. Of course a company can choose to pay people what they want to pay them, and in the case of a public company the board/shareholders can make those choices. Of course the board/shareholders of Eversource love their CEO and want to compensate him/her for pillaging the ratepayers through bullying, high powered legal methods, lobbying, and thus virtually guaranteeing profitability.

It's not that Eversource can't choose their own path, own CEO, own compensation levels, it's that Eversource isn't John Deere Tractor, making a product and competing in the marketplace. The rules should be different for these entities IMO.