Thread: Power back on
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 04:01 PM   #33
Sue Doe-Nym

Default From generator to plan b

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ View Post
The whole idea is to not have to worry when you have the threat of a power outage. What I have been reading is about everybody’s worries if it will turn on, and if there is a issue you hope someone can fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I agree, Winnisquam, and now that we have established that ours was either not installed properly or is a lemon, we need some help regarding a simple backup plan for checking on electricity and heat while we’re away. Until we had the generator, I relied on the answering machine at home. If there was an answer, we knew we had power. As for the furnace, we crossed our fingers and counted on our property watcher to make sure it was working.
We would like a programmable thermostat, something rather simple if possible, that we could monitor remotely ( and thereby go into cardiac arrest if the temperature shows the house in the 30’s). We bought a Honeywell that we have since returned because it was going to require an additional 3rd wire to be installed, which is impractical because the furnace is in the attached garage, far away from the thermostat. We don’t need something that monitors central air, which we don’t have. Our heating system is propane hot air. If any of you can shed some light on this, we would be grateful. We are technologically challenged, having grown up with carbon copies, whiteout, mimeograph machines, etc., and were flabbergasted when they came out with fax machines! You get the picture.
Thanks for your help.
Sue ��

Last edited by Sue Doe-Nym; 10-20-2019 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Additional information
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote