Thread: Kayak fees
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 09:48 AM   #16
Descant

Thanked 1,509 Times in 982 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not to Worry View Post
I very much doubt that NH will seriously look at implementing a fee for non motorized "boats." I did a quick search and came up with nothing mentioning and fee discussion from any elected official in NH. Maybe it is out there but I could not find it.
SB410 (New Title) establishing a commission to study creating a boat safe card; signed by the Governor May 30, 2018. The report is due November 1, 2018, in time for legislation for 2019. A boat safe card, like a hike safe card would be voluntary. That may not be what the commission finds, of course.
It isn't just boat launches that are paid for by power boats. Power boats also pay for invasive species(milfoil) control, and the Navigation Safety Fund (MP) That benefits everybody, swimmers, yakkers, etc. Fish and Game also runs Search and Rescue. I don't know the numbers, but every spring we hear about S & R for accidents on spring rapids, canoes, kayaks, etc. Kayaks found but no knowledge of a paddler. Lost overboard or just the kayak blew away?
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote