View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 06:22 PM   #12
bigdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-M503...%2C1322&sr=8-3

To me, it is worth owning an orbital buffer. The days of waxing by hand are far behind me. The cheap ones work but there is more vibration. The more expensive ones are easier to use.
I see a lot of great suggestions here all good !!!!!
However, the originator of this Thread indicated 'something they could do together fairly easily' I'm thinking these type of cures suggested may be too much labor intensive work for them to handle themselves.

That said IMHO, the quickest and easiest way would be to follow Tilton BB suggestion and use Meguiars-M5032-Marine-Step-Cleaner and an orbital buffer. Meguiars-M532-Marine-Step-Cleaner may be hard to find unless you go to a boat yard. My suggestion would be to buy Meguiars Cleaner Wax, which you cab buy at Wal-Mart or most auto parts store. I use .this product on all my cars with amazing results. I suspect there may be little difference between the marine wax or automotive and strictly a marketing hype, I could be wrong.....

Also in that same thread, mentioned using a orbital buffer, which you can purchase cheap at Harbor Freight in Gilford. I would start with wool pads first on the buffer for 'cutting' the oxidation , then change over to foam pads for buffing.

This solution, certainly may not be as good or last as long as others mentioned and you may have to repeat during the season.

Good luck !
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigdog For This Useful Post: