View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 02:49 PM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Waltham Ma./Meredith NH
Posts: 3,272
Thanks: 1,505
Thanked 938 Times in 588 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
I have a family friend who is 80 yrs old and on Social Security income.
Person happens to be in the hospital now.

Can this person change their status to collect 'Social Security Disability Income', this would give that person additional monies, and I believe 'tax free'.

Thoughts if this is possible?
I don't believe you can but I'm not positive. I had a friend that was on SS disability and when he became 65 he was switched over to regular SS but his benifit stayed the same

Last edited by Biggd; 05-12-2021 at 03:35 PM.
Biggd is offline