Thread: Vaccinations
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 05:30 AM   #262
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

"To align with Biden's federal directive," teachers in MA will be added to the state mix via mass vax centers on the 11th but are currently open through the federal mix at private providers like CVS. It appears NH will not be changing the rollout order.

The last couple mornings, as early as 5AM, the text threads and halls of my schools have been lit up by "sit tight, and we'll bring you to the scheduling process shortly" screens. Absolutely dystopian, which is perfect since I'm currently teaching Brave New World.

I started my process at the house at 5:30 and kept it live for the drive to school. At 8:15, I moved to the next step...only to find there were no longer any appointments left without driving to Provincetown.

Honestly, I'm not terribly frustrated as I know there's just so many people in line and, since all those in my life are cautious or already vaccinated (a few weeks too late for my MIL) and the numbers have dropped post-holidays, I can be patient. And, in thinking about this for an extra beat, maybe grateful I'll more than likely get the single J&J.

UPDATE: secured two appointments just after this post for the 9th and 30th. Double shots, but close to school. [emoji1696]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Last edited by thinkxingu; 03-06-2021 at 07:04 AM.