View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 12:05 PM   #76
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts
Default COVID 19 effects on summer economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
I know--I saw that this morning in the Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/20/h...sultPosition=1

But--and here's a question for the group--what is the absolute minimum amount of time to show that a drug is effective at helping a single patient for, say, one month? Or two months? Or three months? Correct answers--obviously(?)--are 30, 60, 90 days.

Now consider that you must recruit hundreds or maybe thousands of volunteers to participate in this study. Now consider that the data will be incredibly large and complex to evaluate, typically taking months (though perhaps not this time). Finally, when we say "a large supply", remember that we need to dose the entire world. All of a sudden, "millions" is not a large supply.
You are really taking this to the nth degree. We need to start someplace if this works it’s a great place to start we need to get our country back to normal or at least on the road back to being normal otherwise if you follow your plan by the time we get medication to the “” whole world “our economy will be in a severe depression and we won’t have to worry about virus anymore.

How about some positive thinking instead of all the negative posts and doomsday scenario’s

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post: