View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 03:45 PM   #14
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoBoat View Post
And I would have to ask why not? Do you think him mentioning 80% is going to impact people coming to the lake? If so, why do you think that?

If you don’t like that number - what would it be if all restaurants and bars are closed, concerts cancelled, etc for the entire summer? 60%? You seem to have a great pulse on the economy there, and I am guessing you have an idea.

What everyone should be taking from Bill’s statement is that members of the island community are considering not coming to the lake this year. That is a whole new level of concern for the region. Your bread and butter is wavering on coming to NH. Even to isolate on an island.

We who live far away, and who count the minutes until we are back at the lake, really want to come to NH this summer and spend a lot of money. The actions of the residents of NH over the next few weeks is going to determine how feasible that is.
Point is you are just throwing around arbitrary numbers that some could take seriously and decide not to come to the lake this season and further hurt the local businesses. It is March 18th and way too soon to see if this will impact tourism in July and August. I also could make a case that it could significantly increase because many may take short road trips this season instead of flying or long drives.

Remember these local businesses are people's livelihoods lets try not put out negative opinions on an already difficult climate when we are all uncertain what might happen 3 months from now