View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 07:15 AM   #19
gillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
Gillygirl, when you click on "new posts", you can see what forum section each thread is listed. When I don't want to read a subject, I don't open it and move on to the next one.

If there are a half dozen threads showing and two of them are COVID related, skip then and read the other 4. When you're done, click on new posts again, just in case something you may have come up while you're busy reading the posts you want to.

When your down to the 2 you want to skip, click on "quick links" and scroll down to "mark forums read" and click it, and your unwanted posts will be marked as read and disappear.

I left the Forum for a few months because I got frustrated reading so many caustic posts. But then I realized I had been on Winni.com for a lot of years and missed so many different sections, and that there were only a few subject matters and a handful of posters that I didn't like what/ how they posted. So I signed back in and am overall enjoying the Forum again.

Dave
Thanks, upthesaukee. I appreciate your taking the time to help me. I read the forum on the Tapatalk app on my iPad, so it works differently. I’ll check out settings to see if there’s a way to work around the automatic preview. I was just hoping the Covid subforum and non lake related issues could be moved to the Lake Issues forum. On Nextdoor, you can hide threads you don’t want to see. Would love that option on the app I use.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app