View Single Post
Old 10-21-2022, 09:22 PM   #24
ApS

Cool Toss those Blankets...

As to "my house is always cold": concrete pulls heat from a warm body. Prisoners at Alcatraz prison would sleep with their arms exrended under their bodies to reduce heat loss from their bodies into Alcatraz concrete floors. A concrete basement is always cold, and pulls heat radiantly. Sensitive to heat loss, I spent a miserable hour on a tour of an underground concrete bunker in Pensacola, Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
Do you have a link for this heater?
With Amazon's "help", I searched oscillating, parabolic, space heater, radiant dish 400W/800W. Replies included two small pricey heaters with very mixed reviews!

Reviews agree that the product is cheaply made, breaks too readily, and produces too much (and too little) heat! I don't recommend a cheaply-made oscillating space heater, so I'll keep looking.

Visit Antarctic Star or Kismile heating products at Amazon, as a URL doesn't activate for the text I'm reading. 400 Watts should be enough in a parabolic-dish heater, but can be augmented by mounting it high on a wall and removing the protective screen.

Last edited by ApS; 10-22-2022 at 03:45 AM.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote