View Single Post
Old 12-08-2023, 01:29 PM   #9
VitaBene

Thanked 1,608 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
I guess this is where we disagree. We have 150 years of data. How do you or anyone else know we are speeding it up. Yes, I've heard scientist say this and that, but the statistician in me knows that it is irresponsible to draw conclusions from such an incredibly small sample. I also heard what experts said about the virus and we all know how that turned out.

We know climate change exists because of what JayR noted. You are correct, we tax things we don't want and we subsidize things we do want. How has that worked so far? Car dealerships have lots of EVs that nobody wants. The wind and solar industries are a scam, spending billions (maybe trillions) of dollars with no meaningful impact on our energy supply. But, we vote in politicians who supposedly represent the will of the people. I guess we want high energy costs.

That said, it seems that the winters are milder than when I was a kid.
They are milder Keith! I compare humans to incandescent light bulbs. When I was in grade school in the early 70s (i'm 59) the world population was approx 4B, it is now north of 8B. If I turn on 8 100W bulbs in a room, the temperature will rise more in that room than had I turned on 4. We have a population problem in our greenhouse.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote