View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 07:18 AM   #13
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
Sorry to put a stopper in this pity party, but Mr. Fox is responsible for the deaths of many of a friend of mine's chickens. Cute as they may be as kits, they are wild animals and are not good pets or otherwise. Please keep this in mind.

I won't argue with the decision of burying the dead fox, as that was lakesrider's decision. Just please don't glorify this carnivore as anything other than an animal that died.

People sometimes lose sight of what is important in life. A tear or two for a dead animal and the humane treatment of their remains appeal to the heart of most human beings, including myself. However, and I mean a BIG however when you read the names of servicemen and women killed overseas do you shed the same tear?

Sorry for being a jerk, as I am sure some of you will think, for destroying your moment with the dead fox but you really need to look at what is important!

BTW, this is not a criticisism of those that have responded to this post or the original POS.
Pineedles, I generally like your posts. But I have to ask...are you seriously equating someone having the decency to bury a dead animal with servicemen/women being killed overseas? Because that is exactly what you are implying here when you say "shed the same tear".