View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 10:16 AM   #12
iw8surf

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
I disagree here too, but it's funny that you choose the boat show in the Seaport to criticize government as having too much control. Come to the boat show and take a walk around the neighborhood--what was a wasteland of parking lots is now a booming center of businesses, restaurants, hotels, etc. As a lifelong resident, it's astounding.

After your visit, I hope you'll let us know if you still think the Seaport is controlled by the nanny state; or by private enterprise, or a pretty good mix of both
The seaports expansion is directly related to tech. All the companies moving into the Seaport (Vertex, Amazon, Session M, Chewy, etc) and attracting talent from the surrounding schools and areas.

IMO Marty Walsh actually just hurts the seaport by forcing affordable income housing in buildings which the minimal rent is 2500$ for a studio apartment. I support affordable housing in which people should have access to safe and reasonable housing, but I disagree with giving those people "Luxury Living" on the taxpayers dime. Where the state is now getting involved, again IMO is 5 years too late, they waited until the entire area was built up before putting forth any thought for additional police, fire or school systems for all the additional condos and apartments they added.
iw8surf is offline   Reply With Quote