View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 07:38 AM   #15
PaugusBayFireFighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
It just seems like the City of Laconia missed the boat a little bit when it comes to the physical appearance of the new Weirs Beach traffic roundabout. This new roundabout, built in 2012, is not particularly attractive looking when you compare it to the Meredith roundabout that's about five miles north in neighboring Meredith.

So, what is the difference? It is all about the smooth concrete outer circular apron of smooth concrete that is so visible at the Weirs. In Meredith, a few hundred grey granite cobbles were used as opposed to smooth concrete, and it makes a big difference in how the whole roundabout looks.

Weirs Beach has a very ugly roundabout, and Meredith has a very attractive roundabout ...... due to the concrete vs granite cobbles difference.....suggest you go take a look-see yourself....and see if you agree on this.
I'm glad they built the roundabout. When I have to drive by the Weirs I go around the circle several times. I get dizzy enough so when I cross the bridge I can't make out the depressing landscape of that corner.
PaugusBayFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PaugusBayFireFighter For This Useful Post: