View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 08:31 AM   #53
ApS

Arrow Taking the "Risk" Out of Boating...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
I can see the face palm the dispatcher gives him/herself when they see APS' caller ID pop up on their screen!
APS: "Tell those meanies to stop boating on MY lake" Dispatch: "Certainly sir, now I need to go before I start laughing in your ear"
I've made just one call in three years to "the NHMP authorities"—one to TFD—and none to WPD in this decade. Reports of wrongdoing can be emailed to WPD "for record".

That one NHMP call regarded three paddleboats connected by lines and swimmers in the pinch-point at Keewaydin Point. The dispatcher insisted they were doing nothing wrong. (As they were difficult to see among the multiple lanes of heavy waterskiing, sailing, tubing, and high-speed travel—"doing nothing wrong" was hardly the point in calling).

Fortunately, the MP appeared before the call ended, correctly addressed the situation, and I could hang up on the dispatcher.

Previous calls to the NHMP addressed open exhausts, which I timed so the dispatcher could hear the exhausts blasting our conversation!

Quote:
Wisely, Don created this sandbox where you can be countered.
I appreciate the ability to "counter" risk-takers who believe they should be allowed to trash the lake's quiet bays, harbors and coves.

It's an American freedom that some would squash—if they could.

Quote:
Flying off the handle appears to be a family trait... My family member landed on Omaha on June 6 and slogged his way through France, Belgium and the Rhineland..."
Did he place rocks in the treads of Nazi Panzer tanks as an 11-year old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
"...you do a great disservice to those people in our armed forces who actually fight & direct the war on terrorism..."
ISIS didn't exist until our armed forces were removed from Iraq. (By D.C.—the District of Corruption).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
"...I will not justify your ISIS comparison..."
Without enforcement, Winnipesaukee's scofflaws run amok. The NH Marine Patrol should be doing its job—especially as this Donzi runs the same course every Memorial Day.

http://www.hearos.com/earplugblog/ki...ng-protection/