View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 10:09 AM   #1076
John A. Birdsall

Default speeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
I was under the impression she was charged with going 19 MPH over the speed limit. I think that's considered a moving violation. I've been given friendly verbal warnings for worse speed violations. IMO, it's not a big deal; the state does not seem to think so either, as far as I know, they only require the payment of a fine, no court appearance. It's basicaly a radar tax.

I was also under the impression that using a mobile phone while driving was not illegal in NH. Might be dumb, but it's probably not illegal.

If the officer wished to charge her with "distracted driving" (assuming that's a crime in NH), I'd think he'd have good reason to paint her in the worst possible light in his report.

I agree that if she did indeed do the things the police officer reported, she was acting very stupidly, especially considering she was out on bail.
Having the opportunity of being stopped by NH state police in February I was doing 71 mph in a 35 mph zone. The officer dropped it to 60 otherwise she would have to arrest me for Negligent driving. So its not just speeding. I was wrong, I was passing someone and realized the passing lane was ending faster then I thought so I stepped on the gas. Oh yeah, the officer was in the car directly behind me.