View Single Post
Old 08-19-2021, 03:56 PM   #12
NH.Solar

XCR, weren't we the lucky ones to have experienced Winnipesaukee when it was so calm, peaceful, and very, very beautiful. More trees on the shores than camps, the nights were usually pitch black and silent, and one could easily see fifteen or twenty feet down in the crystal clear clean water. My first job as a 15 year old was working in the kitchen of Hart's and I would drive there in a 13' foot whaler and never had a problem tying up for a day in front of Chase's Restaurant. Halcyon days, but life goes on and the old New Hampshire becomes more distant each and every day ...but such is the ways of a freedom. I have little use for the big lake anymore but obviously a lot of folks love it.

Ricky G, you are going to do what you are going to do but be careful and discreet and you'll likely skate by. Personally I see far more problems with lawns than small beaches, sand filters, fertilizers pollute. If somehow additional sand does find your beach I suggest that it be septic sand as it has far fewer fines and that greatly reduces the silt milkiness that follows dumping regular sand in the water.