View Single Post
Old 08-16-2021, 11:12 AM   #26
TheNewGuy

Default Thank you!

Thanks everyone for all your advice! We had a great day out on the lake. The rental place was out of tubes by the time we checked in so we didn't do that, rather just ran around the northern part of the lake, anchored for a bit at the Braun Bay sandbar at the recommendation of the girl who did our check-in, and then got lunch at Gusto in Center Harbor. Gusto was fantastic and very friendly, I cannot recommend it enough for anyone yet to try it.

Only downside of the day was dinging our prop trying to anchor in a spot where we saw other boats anchored. I guess we just came in from the wrong side, got real shallow and rocky real quick, luckily I was only going like 2 knots. $250 for a new prop isnt the end of the world. So to anyone who sees this in the future, even if there are other boats anchored at Minister Island (also noted as blueberry island depending on the map/chart you're looking at?), don't try to join them!

I was a little surprised that, even though some older folks on two boats were watching me come in from that direction nobody said anything, and once it was clear I had struck a rock and killed the engine to jump in and walk us out of there, neither of them offered assistance or advice, like I wasnt even there! Oh well I guess.
TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote