View Single Post
Old 08-12-2021, 01:05 PM   #43
XCR-700

I commonly hear two different predictions for the future, property values will hold, and the bottom will fall out.

I think I will personally not sell nor buy at the moment, its just too volatile right now.

If they are right that the prices will hold (or worse go up) then I cant afford to move anywhere anyway, so no impact to me

And if the bottom fall out people are right, I would rather be waiting with ready cash.

It does seem to me we are ripe for a major economy crash and property value adjustment. How that impacts the Lakes region remains to be seen. Lots of new cash dumped into the area like we saw some decades ago in Vermont by New Yorkers looking to get out of the city, only to realize they were not suited for rural life and bailed leaving many vacant expensive homes behind,,,

I suspect Winnipesaukee will have a lot more buffer to ride out such an event than other places, but the Sandy Point property is a good example of buying high, having to invest a lot, and hoping the people with deep pockets are still interested when its done. Not an investment I would gamble on.

I see a lot of potential for a lot of Winnipesaukee property for sale at prices lower than the last buyer paid. It may not be a bottom falling out scenario, but there is a lot of potential for lot lost "investment" dollars,,,

So for the moment I am sitting comfortable on the side watching the chaos of our world.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote