View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #4
jrc

"Your" cove belongs to me a rafter and citizens of Alton and Laconia along with you, if you are a NH citizen. I still agree that the commission of safety should consider the need for a NWZ based on the local conditions.

You could tone down the rafter bashing, most of us have toilets on our boats, inspected by the NH DES and none of us wants trash in our lake.

I doubt rafters are behind a petition for a NWZ in Morrison Cove, more likely a resident upset about boat wakes. Most rafters are nervous about zones because of No Rafting Zones.

271:20 State Water Jurisdiction; Published List of Public Waters; Rulemaking. –
I. All natural bodies of fresh water situated entirely in the state having an area of 10 acres or more are state-owned public waters, and are held in trust by the state for public use; and no corporation or individual shall have or exercise in any such body of water any rights or privileges not common to all citizens of this state; provided, however, the state retains its existing jurisdiction over those bodies of water located on the borders of the state over which it has exercised such jurisdiction.