View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #24
Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
The lake is a limited resource that is to small for large, high horsepower boats that belong on the ocean. Their large wake is dangerous and is damaging to private property, water quality, loon nests, erosion etc.

A horsepower limit is the EASIEST law to enforce. Horsepower and year of manufacture is printed on every registration.

Horsepower limits are my top agenda and always have been.
You site water quality, loon nests, and erosion and yet again you fail to answer why enforcing current laws such as the 150 feet rule are deficient. Why not focus your energy on enforcement or modification of current laws?

As for the EASE of HP enforcement, just how do envision the state does that? Pull the engines from every boat that is registered and put them on a dynamometer? NH cannot even fund the NHMP to enforce the laws already on the books.

And yet again I say that you have another agenda--it wasn't the SL and it's not high HP engines.

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of Obamunism should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest the Republic become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

. . .Evidently nothing.

(Cicero, 55 BC augmented by me, 2010 AD)

Last edited by Yankee; 06-07-2011 at 05:58 PM.