View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 09:21 AM   #5
Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
Grant, I have tried to make trips similar and have been totally frustrared. To rent a car one way car at an airport requires one to part with an arm. a leg, or both. Seriously, you could try to hook up with a Forum member returning to Phila. or even cosider paying a private party to drive you there. I know there were people in Wolfeboro who used to do this several years ago but I don't know if they still do. We do have some Phila. friends who will be here at various times in the near future and will keep you in mind.
Thanks - I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that it's impossible/impractical to do the rental thing...especially after finding that I can fly (through the air! at high speeds!) for a whopping $39. The sticking point is my bulky, heavy, cumbersome dive equipment. However (here comes a plug), with Southwest Airlines, BAGS FLY FREE. So all I need to solve is the tank issue (they aren't as easy to lug & fly with). So I may just rent them from DW or break down and buy a new one to leave up there until I return later in the month. I could just leave ALL the gear up there, and it would only mean sacrificing one potential dive weekend...

I really am over-thinking this...