View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 02:40 PM   #173
Turtle Boy

and thank you Vt. Steve ...apology accepted and appreciated (really).
Appreciate as well the input from No Regrets and others today and some of the others whose encouraging PM's in the past pointed out the select few minority of posters who tend to intimidate/dominate this forum and who perhaps feel entitled to do the same on the lake. People have differences of opinion on just about everything and if they are offended about having to defend them on the boating forum then maybe they need to move over to the weather forum and start a thread on cumulous clouds.
The name calling/intimidation seen by 2 posters today seems to only dumb down the intellectual tone referred to earlier. I too feel that even if the forum is predominantly populated by (fast) powerboaters, most on this forum are in fact congenial and open minded (though I do recall a discussion many moons ago from a Cow Isl. resident whom we heard from today who seemed unable/unwilling to grasp even the most basic tenets of statistical sampling,, which I think was at the least scary given his status as a person who teaches kids in MA).
Anyway...hoping to get Turtle Grandchild (TG) out tubing/boating this weekend...Sunday looks to be the best day right now.