View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 04:28 PM   #50
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
You're absolutely correct about first generation money, those that actually made it.

Second and subsequent generations - unless taught otherwise may not have as much appreciation for what they got and may suffer from Paris Hilton syndrome. That however is not the norm.

IMHO - I'm sick and tired of the ever increasing number of free loaders expecting somebody else to work and pay for what they want. This smug notion that oh that person is wealthy they can afford it. Constant whining and crying about the rich, income inequality and so on....well ya know what maybe if you had spent less time crying and feeling sorry for yourself as a victim, quit making stupid financial decisions, and went out and did something for yourself you'd be in a far better position. I've never seen hard work and perseverance ever lead to failure, but complacency and ignorance all but guarantees it.

FYI - I'm not a rich guy but I love rich people, and more so the story of how they got there. I don't curse them I'm inspired by their success. To bad I'm in the minority which is a shame.
If I may...
I am far from rich, I made poor (hindsight they were stupid) financial decisions in my younger days. I have failed on several occasions. I have needed a hand to get back on my feet. I am thankful that today, I am in a position to help those that helped me. We were not all brought into this world with a Silver Spoon.
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote