Thread: boat yards
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 11:29 PM   #17
XCR-700

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
MVYC is member owned and the members buy their slips, pay real estate taxes, and an annual fee of $2,000. For that they get to use the bath houses, beaches, and get a discount on any gasoline they purchase. They also get free winter storage, and they should, after all they own the land.

The owners or tenants are not people who have "something that someone else cannot have" they paid the price to buy a slip or rent one from one of the 284 owners.

People who valet do just that, valet their boat. They know the deal when they sign up. It has nothing to do with "snobbery" it is a situation where you get what you pay for. That is how life works!
You cant pay for what they wont sell you.

But you dont need to convince me, I'm not the one who was shopping.

If those amenities were available to me as valet customer (for an extra cost) it might be of interest, but they are not and I have no interest in a slip at any price so its a moot point, there is no need to sell your position to me. Again, I'm not the one who was shopping.

If others are looking for a slip rather than a valet storage, I hope this works for them, but if someone was looking for a valet marina and asked me for a recommendation, I dont think I would point them to a place where their neighbors are trying to get them removed from the bathrooms. Sorry, it strikes me as weird.

You dont have to agree.

And if you are a customer there and you are happy, then enjoy and please dont feel any need to change my opinion, because I'm not the one who was shopping.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote