Thread: boat yards
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 05:57 PM   #16
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
Oh, well thats different.

Seems a bit silly, but in the current state of our society, snobbery is the new norm. God forbid we treat each other as equal. But I guess the only way to feel good about yourself and like you have reached a certain status is to have something someone else cannot have. At some level I also feel like these same people only enjoy themselves when someone is watching them. Thats why the wakeboaters have concert level speakers, not for themselves, but for others to look at them.

So that makes PBM and WAM look competitive again in the world of valet boat storage, and so I again give the nod to PBM, customer service is job #1 there and they keep a super clean facility. So happy to be there, and really appreciate these folks.

ATB
MVYC is member owned and the members buy their slips, pay real estate taxes, and an annual fee of $2,000. For that they get to use the bath houses, beaches, and get a discount on any gasoline they purchase. They also get free winter storage, and they should, after all they own the land.

The owners or tenants are not people who have "something that someone else cannot have" they paid the price to buy a slip or rent one from one of the 284 owners.

People who valet do just that, valet their boat. They know the deal when they sign up. It has nothing to do with "snobbery" it is a situation where you get what you pay for. That is how life works!
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post: