View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 04:35 PM   #152
Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
September 10th, and the lake water temperature is down to 68, so shorty wet suit time is already here, this year. The lake surface water is unusually cool for Sept 10 ...... like, where's the September, hot, dry heat that was experienced the last few years? Is more cooler than in 2016, and 2015. For most water goers, below 70-degrees is wanting to use a shorty wet suit for paddle boarding or small sailboats......where you can get dunked.

If you get flipped off a sailboat into 60-degree water while wearing just a swimsuit ...... and not a wet suit .....you will be moving very fast ....to get back to the safety of your over turned sailboat......or paddle board. Sixty degree water temp is cold!

Hey there Hurricane Irma ...... oh, please send us here in central New Hampshire .......some of that hot, humid Florida heat ...... Irma!
I just got out of the lake at 5 pm on Sunday 9/10, and it felt warmer than 60. I'd compare the temp to early/mid June. Nice and refreshing, but cooler than August for sure. Beautiful day on the lake.