View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 05:40 PM   #237
VtSteve

Default Good post APS

I must say, turns out you're much more adventurous than myself

My car's speedo goes to 160 mph, I however, do not Not much of a thrillseeker myself. And no, you certainly cannot "unsee" that which has been seen. Many have tried to eradicate things seen before, and in many ways (many harmful as well).

I used to be more live and let live. Now? Sometimes I say Cut the crap cowboy and grow up! to those that live recklessly, and worst of all, In the midst of those that are not You know the idiots, we all have seen them.

There's a fine line between compromise and overreaching. At some point, reality and common sense has to factor into the decision-making process. Many times, I think you overshoot your obstacle, perhaps it's due to a need for more solitude than your surroundings can offer.

But I do feel you want to eliminate as much of your surroundings as possible, unless they mesh with your particular lifestyle or visions thereof. Perhaps I'm wrong. I have no need for 100 mph plus boats, nor the loud noises, nor the danger. But I have no tolerance for cowboys in any boat, regardless of noise or propulsion. But I have no plans that involve eradicating vessels from lakes anytime soon.

Many of us agree on the safety proposition, good place to start.