View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 02:53 PM   #228
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
I think reasonable and prudent use of any watercraft promotes safety. If you read some of the USCG rules (Rule 6, 8 etc.), it is all about safe handling of a water craft. I think that is what NH should put on her books. A kayaker being out on the broads without the proper equipment should be just as guilty as a motorboater speeding out of control through the Weirs Channel. 'Cowboys' can be on any watercraft. Death can happen in a kayak, canoe, rowboat and sailboat, just as much as death can happen on a motorboat. Putting arbitrary limits on motorboats won't cure the lake ills. But putting 'reasonable and prudent operation' of all water vessels will go a long way in the name of safety. That will be a great compromise. Everyone will be responsible for their intentions as skipper on the lake.

I vote that we should adopt the federal rules and make them mandatory on all bodies of water in NH. Not just the ocean.

Your turn.
A simple thank you would not have been good enough here.. This is the best statement I have yet to read on the boards. The USCG knows more then any of us and if their laws are good enough for the US, why aren't they good enough for lake winni?