View Single Post
Old 09-26-2022, 01:35 PM   #53
ishoot308

Thanked 4,941 Times in 1,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
Thought I answered these questions but I guess I didn't submit:

Three questions:

(1) How come the 5 amp battery for your Dewalt chainsaw weighs 1.4 lbs and the Ego 5 amp battery weighs 4.9 lbs? I'm hesitating to get a battery string trimmer and chainsaw because of the weight of the Ego battery on a handheld tool.

I am not sure

(2) What's the largest log you could cut efficiently with your saw?

I cut up a 20+" beech with ease

(3) How long does it run on one charge, and how long does it take to recharge?

I am guessing I got 15 minutes, maybe a little less, out of a battery. The saw was running pretty constantly. By the time I moved, split, and stacked what I cut (maybe 2 hours - I wasn't in a rush) the battery was charged.

With hindsight it would have made more sense to use the Husqvarna gas saw, but I really liked the ease and feel of the Dewalt. Because I have a gas saw and a corded saw, I am not ready to invest in multiple battery packs quite yet and will simply choose the best tool I have for the job at hand.

Thanks!
You could get one of Dewalts 60 volt 12 AH flex volt batteries which is what I did. That battery is expensive however and probably cost just as much as the saw but it does last a long time and the added weight is hardly noticeable when using the saw.

In my opinion Dewalts 20 volt max along with their 60V flex volt platform is the best on the market as far as battery tools go. My business has had excellent luck with them and all we use at this point and we use them 8 hours a day 5 days a week….

Dan